Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is this the State Championship this weekend in several classes?

Featured Replies

2A, 3A, 4A, and 6A have arguably the best two teams playing this weekend. Is this the state championship in those classes? Beechwood and Mayfield may be next weekend in 1A. Are the titles decided before the actual title is given?

Not in 2a. Somerset and OC are just as good as the two playing at Newport Stadium

Most would argue the 6A championship was decided early in the season. Let's see if St. X. can prove that wrong.

  • Author

I think 1A, 3A, 4A, and 6A will be a forgone conclusion before the title game. The best teams in that class will definitely play before Bowling Green

1a - No

2a - No

3a - No

4a - No

5a - No

6a - Yes

 

In 1a, until Beechwood plays Mayfield, definately no title deciders this week..

In 2a, Theres no clear cut favorites to start with. 4-5 teams pretty even..

In 3a, PTilghman, Belfry and Breathitt are all worthy contenders as much as Bell and Central..

In 4a, Highlands is the clear cut favorite regardless who they play throughout, so, this weeks no different than the next 2..

In 5a, JH and BG aren't playing this week, but, even if they were, there are still a couple others who could win it..

In 6a, If Trinity is gonna lose, it'll be this week. No chance of losing the last 2 weekends..

  • Author

So do you think 1A and 4A will be decided before Bowling Green?

1a - No

2a - No

3a - No

4a - No

5a - No

6a - Yes

 

In 1a, until Beechwood plays Mayfield, definately no title deciders this week..

In 2a, Theres no clear cut favorites to start with. 4-5 teams pretty even..

In 3a, PTilghman, Belfry and Breathitt are all worthy contenders as much as Bell and Central..

In 4a, Highlands is the clear cut favorite regardless who they play throughout, so, this weeks no different than the next 2..

In 5a, JH and BG aren't playing this week, but, even if they were, there are still a couple others who could win it..

In 6a, If Trinity is gonna lose, it'll be this week. No chance of losing the last 2 weekends..

3 more fridays and it will be decided

It's not over until it's over, anyone can get beat on any given night.

If this is the case, then the KHSAA needs to make some serious changes.

So do you think 1A and 4A will be decided before Bowling Green?

 

No, I think that with exception to Trinity that any of the teams remaining in the other classes have a shot, some moreso than others, but, still a chance.

  • Author

I agree. Go back to 4 classes. I would even think 5 would be better than 6.

If this is the case, then the KHSAA needs to make some serious changes.
I agree. Go back to 4 classes. I would even think 5 would be better than 6.

 

I think 5 classes is the right number. I also think there should be some way to allow successful schools to play up if they want to.

  • Author

100% agree. If only the KHSAA would get with the rest of us

I think 5 classes is the right number. I also think there should be some way to allow successful schools to play up if they want to.
I think 5 classes is the right number. I also think there should be some way to allow successful schools to play up if they want to.

 

Doesn't Ohio do something like that now? If you're going to review it every 4 years, I think you could take the total record against teams in your own class, plus your playoff record and if you're producing wins at a high rate within your classification over the last 4 year period, then you should have to move up a class. I don't know the right #, but, you would think 90% win% and 75% playoff win% would be considered dominating your class and would justify a move up. At the same time, if, say 4 teams in a particular class had to move up a division, then the smallest schools in the next class would have the option to move down in there place, but, all schools in that class would have to approve the teams that are going to move down.. I also think teams should be allowed to move up, regardless, if they so choose, as long as it doesn't put someone else at a geographic disadvantage or cause another team to move to a different district or leave a district with too few or too many teams..

Doesn't Ohio do something like that now? If you're going to review it every 4 years, I think you could take the total record against teams in your own class, plus your playoff record and if you're producing wins at a high rate within your classification over the last 4 year period, then you should have to move up a class. I don't know the right #, but, you would think 90% win% and 75% playoff win% would be considered dominating your class and would justify a move up. At the same time, if, say 4 teams in a particular class had to move up a division, then the smallest schools in the next class would have the option to move down in there place, but, all schools in that class would have to approve the teams that are going to move down.. I also think teams should be allowed to move up, regardless, if they so choose, as long as it doesn't put someone else at a geographic disadvantage or cause another team to move to a different district or leave a district with too few or too many teams..

These comments about forcing teams to play up is preposterous!!! I got it, why don't we just let EVERY team just pick what class they want to play in! Or since Trinity and X are usually the class act of 6A, just put them in their own class, 7A! I'm amazed at some of the logic! There is no easy solution, but forcing teams to play up is for sure not the answer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.