South Laurel 82 Pendelton Co. 64

I agree with you completely, but they sure didn't show it tonight!!

The lineup PC had out there at the end of the 2nd quarter didn't lend itself to showing the full capablity. When the big guys got in foul trouble and PC had to go DEEP into the bench, the result was predictable. The other three quarters were fairly even. With that said, though, SL is THE team to beat this year in the Commonwealth without question.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember last year when pendleton beat SL at the 5/3 classic by 22 and they went on to win the state title. Pendleton lost tonight by 18 so maybe its our turn at the title. Just some a hopeful coincidence.

Interesting observation PF!! Stranger things have happened--PC stronger than the final score may indicate!!

Great win South...Shows just how tough the Cards really are for all the naysayers out there.

I didnt know that there were any naysayers out there. I am a diehard PC fan and will be the first to tell you that I am very impressed with South Laurel. They may even be better than last year's team. But on another note, while being thoroughly impressed with SL last night and will admit that officiating did not beat PC, it was one of the worst officiated games that I have seen since the PC/Williamstown debacle of last year. It is not so bad when an official makes a wrong call because we are all human, but when you delay the whistle then I begin to question the call. On more than one occasion there was confusion on the player number and one time they called a foul on someone who was not even in the game. Finally, on a play underneath, the foul was called on Smith for SL and the next thing you know, another official comes out of nowhere to call the foul on someone who was not even close to the play. Guess they figured if Smith fouls out then they might not get payed(only kidding about that). Once again, I realize that officiating did not beat PC but I would love to play again in March.