North College Hill 87 Cincy St. Xavier 49

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New rule as of last year. You have to sit out at least 1 year after HS, No matter your age. Yes, Tubby was there, 5 rows from the floor, almost center court.

I was surprised at the final score, thought it would be closer. As I said X couldn't hit a thing, they sure missed Johnny tonight. NCH has a huge game this weekend in LA Vs Dominguez, NCH for some reason couldn't work out their game with Mater Dei that they said they would play, I think they would have beat NCH, as I think Dominguez will.

Dominguez won't beat NCH. Mater Dei would have had a better shot.

Also on the new rule. I still am in the boat that OJ will go to the NBDL for a year and except his multi million dollar shoe deal.

And I'm in the boat that you're crazy. No way OJ gives up the spotlight for a year in the DL...

What's the spotlight worth? Is his posse going to let him pass up the immediate big payday from the shoe company? I'm torn on what he'll do just because I don't think its his decision to make.

And I'm in the boat that you're crazy. No way OJ gives up the spotlight for a year in the DL...

GT he is going to get Lebron like money. Its hard to pass up.

I just wish Huggins fans would let OJ and Co go. If he goes to Huggins it will be because he is at Marshall. They were never coming to UC.

What's the spotlight worth? Is his posse going to let him pass up the immediate big payday from the shoe company? I'm torn on what he'll do just because I don't think its his decision to make.

How big of a deal do you think a player that no one will watch play can land? I know someone would throw the $$ at him, but it seems a bad investment for the year he gets lost dominating the NBDL...

GT he is going to get Lebron like money. Its hard to pass up.

I just wish Huggins fans would let OJ and Co go. If he goes to Huggins it will be because he is at Marshall. They were never coming to UC.

Where did I bring Huggs into this? Save it for the college forum...

How big of a deal do you think a player that no one will watch play can land? I know someone would throw the $$ at him, but it seems a bad investment for the year he gets lost dominating the NBDL...

A huge $$$$ deal. The shoe companies could care less if he's on the NBA court. They know he'll get there in one year. As soon as the kid is willing to sign, he cashes in big-time. Heck, look at Telfair. He signed a big deal and hardly moved his rump off the bench for his first year.

The $$$ will be there as soon as OJ says he's ready to sign. Playing in the NBDL will not cost him one penny.

A huge $$$$ deal. The shoe companies could care less if he's on the NBA court. They know he'll get there in one year. As soon as the kid is willing to sign, he cashes in big-time. Heck, look at Telfair. He signed a big deal and hardly moved his rump off the bench for his first year.

The $$$ will be there as soon as OJ says he's ready to sign. Playing in the NBDL will not cost him one penny.

It just seems to me that the "brand name" would grow smaller if he went to basketball obscurity over playing a year in the NCAA. Do you think he would get people watching the NBDL? How would that work out with DL teams being feeder programs for a set NBA Team now? Far too many uncertainties to take such a big risk IMO. An insurance policy could cover much of what the shoe deal would provide IMO...

It just seems to me that the "brand name" would grow smaller if he went to basketball obscurity ...

Telfair: on the bench in Portland,OR = basketball obscurity.

It all comes down to this: Is OJ willing to wait a year for his cash. If he is, he goes to college. If not, he signs a huge shoe contract , toils in obscurity for a year, then goes to the #1 slot in the draft and gets MORE big money. I'm just cynical that his handler and others will sway him towards the money. Why? They can get paid. In addition, they will have ZERO control once OJ gets to college.

We'll see.

It just seems to me that the "brand name" would grow smaller if he went to basketball obscurity over playing a year in the NCAA. Do you think he would get people watching the NBDL? How would that work out with DL teams being feeder programs for a set NBA Team now? Far too many uncertainties to take such a big risk IMO. An insurance policy could cover much of what the shoe deal would provide IMO...

Actually it could be a good move because he could be the first big name to play in the NBDL. David Stern has made public how he wants a big name in the NBDL. Privatley David Stern wants these big name players out of high school to come to the NBDL. It will force the kids to play in the minor leagues until they are ready and improve skill.

OJ Mayo is who they hope will be the stepping stone and be the face of that league.

If the $80 Mil is going to be there, someone will insure it. That's how insurance works...

Not always that is how it works sometimes. It would set a precedent. I'm not ruling out there would be one, there just hasn't been a past precedent.

I want OJ in college, I just don't think he will be.