Newport 35 Dayton 0

Eagle2013

Futurecoach, you have your opinion of things. The Dayton faithful have their view on things. Either way great game played by both teams. As stated above no sense in losing players. After losing your quarterback on first play due to very late hit then backup later in game why risk losing more starters due to injury or ejection from players getting chippy.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 5 Violation

I'm not questioning score just on-side kick. You can't try and deny that. I was sitting right behind the team and could hear Coach Rice say nice try man. I'm just telling you what I heard from my own ears. I would not expect any coach to pull his starters up only 28-0. I remember hearing you cry for years how Ludlow was always getting picked on. Like when Bellevue about 5 years ago kicked on-sides when Ludlow was down 35-0 and you went on and on about how Coach Eckstein was wrong. I ask that you practice what you preach.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 5 Violatiion

Futurecoach, you have your opinion of things. The Dayton faithful have their view on things. Either way great game played by both teams. As stated above no sense in losing players. After losing your quarterback on first play due to very late hit then backup later in game why risk losing more starters due to injury or ejection from players getting chippy.

I'm not questioning score just on-side kick. You can't try and deny that. I was sitting right behind the team and could hear Coach Rice say nice try man. I'm just telling you what I heard from my own ears. I would not expect any coach to pull his starters up only 28-0. I remember hearing you cry for years how Ludlow was always getting picked on. Like when Bellevue about 5 years ago kicked on-sides when Ludlow was down 35-0 and you went on and on about how Coach Eckstein was wrong. I ask that you practice what you preach.

I understand your questioning of the onside kick, just simply stating it was not suppose to be one...However you are right that it was a great game played by both teams, both teams left it on the field and played with great emotion.:thumb:

Newport scored with 3:11 to go in 2nd quarter. Coach Walls had great game plan going into game. 7-0 going into the half. Offensively you could see Dayton wanted to play ball control and i tworked in the first half. Second half was not so friendly to the Devils.

I understand your questioning of the onside kick, just simply stating it was not suppose to be one...However you are right that it was a great game played by both teams, both teams left it on the field and played with great emotion.:thumb:

One of those accidental onside kicks? I hate when one of those jumps up and bites ya:lol: