A Football Life

SSC

I think it is. Being young and single, chasing women (even if they don't consent) and riding motorcycles without helmets gave him an edge. Ever since he settled down and now is married he's been turning the ball over in big situations. That isn't quite as absurd obviously but people who make that argument forget that they went 18-1 and were beaten in the Super Bowl by the luckiest play ever. Like I said Super Bowls aren't easy to win.

The Steelers got a gift that Seattle wasn't that good and the refs handed them their game. Then they were a big favorite and were almost beaten by an Arizona team that won a terrible division and looked like they quit in the regular season against NE. And last year they couldn't beat the 6 seed from the NFC. I would love to be a fan of either of those teams the past 6 years or the next 6 and it wouldn't surprise me if neither won another SB or if they both win one. I'd take NE's success since the overblown "spygate" all day every day if I were a fan of their team.

Ben has played one game since being married... :lol:

The Pats got caught cheating and since then haven't won the big one. I do believe they would have beat the Giants if they never had got caught cheating...

And he was terrible. Having that steady girlfriend obviously brought him down in the Super Bowl last year right? I'm half joking about this. Explain NE being better in the regular season since the incident if the reason they were winning was they were cheating.

They would have also won if not for the catch off the helmet by a guy that was quickl out of the league.

Most overblown incident in NFL history.

I tend to agree that its overblown. I just couldn't resist posting it though.

You can say the Pats haven't won a title since, and that is true.

However, its also true that they haven't won a title since the defense got old, had to be overhauled, and they became more of a finesse team. Their last three playoff losses have been the result of getting punished physically. First by the Giants, then the Ravens, then the Jets. I think that's the problem. Finesse typically doesn't win in the NFL post-season. If it did, Manning would likely have 4 or 5 rings.

It may be overblown. It is still hard to ignore the irony though.

It's like not acknowledging ARod's power loss since he got caught juicing.

Why then have they won at a higher clip in the regular season?

You people are acting like winning the Super Bowl is easy. Just show up and put on the rings. How many top 10 picks have they been able to add to the roster in the draft in the last decade?

I love this show. Just finished watching the whole thing. I loved his interaction with Derrick Mason and his reaction after the Broncos loss. It was also cool to see him and Brady discussing the Ravens and Ed Reed. I can't wait to see next week when we go behind the scenes on The Go For It Decision.

Why then have they won at a higher clip in the regular season?

You people are acting like winning the Super Bowl is easy. Just show up and put on the rings. How many top 10 picks have they been able to add to the roster in the draft in the last decade?

They might not have won as many if not knowing when the other team was giving out signals that they knew where the ball was going or if it was a run or pass... It was an unfair advantage if you want to believe it or not.

They might not have won as many if not knowing when the other team was giving out signals that they knew where the ball was going or if it was a run or pass... It was an unfair advantage if you want to believe it or not.

I just choose to believe a lot of teams study a lot of film including broadcasts of games and they know a lot of times wether a run or pass is coming. I also believe they've been phenomenal in the regular season after the incident and were a fluke play awa from going 19-0. I think it's harder to win a Super Bowl than people are willing to admit.

I just choose to believe a lot of teams study a lot of film including broadcasts of games and they know a lot of times wether a run or pass is coming. I also believe they've been phenomenal in the regular season after the incident and were a fluke play awa from going 19-0. I think it's harder to win a Super Bowl than people are willing to admit.

It's hard to win a super bowl and obviously even harder when you're not cheating... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just like I said Spygate is the most over blown "controversy" in NFL history. Every coach is stealing signals and has been.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-explain-presence-of-camera-man-on-sidelines/

There was also a SI article where Sean Payton admitted to getting signals from tapes of games because he could hear them on the TV broadcast so clearly.