Somerset 14 Hazard 0

bugatti

Hazard has a very nice team and they had Somerset on the ropes several times in the first half tonight but Somerset made the plays when they had to and got a hard fought win. Hazard's players and coaches seemed to lose their cool in this one and had 6 or 7 personal fouls or unsportsman like penalties. At least 2 of those were on the coaching staff. Those penalties were very costly in a close game like this. Somerset gave up some long pass plays early but to the coaching staff's credit they made some nice personnel/coverage adjustments and stopped the Bulldogs in the second half. Somerset was not nearly at their best but got a big play on a blocked field goal by Sophomore Bryson Jones who also ran it back for a touchdown as well as some timely plays by several others to stop Hazard in the red zone time after time. It wasn't a thing of beauty but it is a good win against a quality opponent in a tough place to play. The Briar Jumpers will have to be much better next week to get a win at Breathitt County.

Hey Joe it seems the BJ's win a little more easily when I pick against them. So do you want me to go with Brethitt in my prediction next week :) Congratualtions on the win in a tough place against a good team.

Lol, I'll take any help I can get with next week so pick whichever way you think will cause us to play better. Breathitt at Breathitt will be a tough one. Win or lose however, these are the type of games that get you ready for the playoffs. If we'd have had this type schedule the last 2 seasons I think we'd have been better off in the finals and semi-finals. Of course, those schedules were made by the previous coach and not Coach Lucas.

Lol, I'll take any help I can get with next week so pick whichever way you think will cause us to play better. Breathitt at Breathitt will be a tough one. Win or lose however, these are the type of games that get you ready for the playoffs. If we'd have had this type schedule the last 2 seasons I think we'd have been better off in the finals and semi-finals. Of course, those schedules were made by the previous coach and not Coach Lucas.

Your right. I think Coach Lucas has done a fantastic job. He has not lost a regular season game there has he? Good luck to you guys hope you take state I really do. I won't predict it though :)

1st Turf win ever for Somerset?

Talking to SHS AD after game last night and asked him if this was the first win ever for SHS on turf. I know we've lost 5 times (ouch) on carpet in the finals and once at Belfry. Bob could not remember us winning on turf any where before last night. Maybe we finally broke the turf jinx...lord knows turf brings out the worst in us.