Dixie 40 Conner 28

Clyde

I did hear that Dixie's Jonathon Pitzer had 2 TD receptions tonight.

Thrilled for the kid. I think this is his 2nd year of playing football. Didn't really see any action last year.

His uncle is one of the all-time greats in Conner football history and his dad started for Conner on the 1983 state championship team.

No love for his family's alma mater.

Congrats to JPitzer.

He may have thrown a TD pass. Anyone?

If he did, it was their first score of the night as they had 7 when I got there.

Hatton had a solid game. He had some nice catches, and runs after the catch. He had some good blocks, with one sealing the edge for a Pike TD. Defensively, he played pretty well too as he played the entire game on both sides of the ball.

One thing I did notice tonight, Dixie only played 4 guys both ways all night (Cohorn, Hatton, Justice, and Handlon), and Cohorn was in and out on defense.

Would love to see some penalty stats for this game. Conner committed way to many penalties and two were very costly (one was a 60 yard TD run called back and then the roughing the kicker on a FG attempt). I liked the way Conner fought back in this game and didn't quit when they got down in the Q3. Dixie opened the game with a trick play that had me fooled and left Pitzer WIDE open for a long TD. The Justice boy ran very hard tonight and Hatton looked good regardless of a three year hiatus. An entertaining game to watch. I think both of these teams will win their respective districts.

Congrats to Coach Spritzky on his first victory of the season. There you heard it first from this transplanted Highlands fan. Lol

Barker from Conner sounds like a beast. Only a soph and carrying the team on his back. If they can build a team around him the next couple years look out.

Nice to see Hatton finally got some action as well.

Congrats to Coach Spritzky on his first victory of the season. There you heard it first from this transplanted Highlands fan. Lol

Barker from Conner sounds like a beast. Only a soph and carrying the team on his back. If they can build a team around him the next couple years look out.

Nice to see Hatton finally got some action as well.

Q, with Conner you have a team that will return around 7 starters on the offensive & defensive side of the ball next year. Couple that with an undefeated JV team and the next couple of years should be chock full of optimism in Hebron. Some really nice, young talent coming up through the system.