Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bourbon Chase

Featured Replies

With October 7th around the around the corner, who all is doing the Bourbon Chase?

 

I have been looking so forward to this for awhile now. I am running leg number 12 for the team, so I am pumped about running to the finish line in downtown Lexington.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my second year. I'll be running leg 1. It was an awesome time last year and I can't help but think this year will be more of the same.

 

Piece of advice, make sure and pace yourself...your third run is a bear no matter what leg you have. Hard to condition your body for that one.

  • Author

That was a concern of mine (3rd. leg). I turned in a slower time than I usually run just to cover the last leg. The pace I turned in, should be a piece of cake for leg 1 and 2.

That was a concern of mine (3rd. leg). I turned in a slower time than I usually run just to cover the last leg. The pace I turned in, should be a piece of cake for leg 1 and 2.
My body was beat from lack of sleep and running by the time I got to it. Luckily it was my shortest leg so I just pushed through and got it over with. The cool thing about being in van 1 is once you are done, the last transition is Woodford Reserve so it's ok to begin imbibing Kentucky's signature drink.
Any interest in doing it as an Ultra next year?
How are the distances divided?
How are the distances divided?
It's really up to the individual team. But we are considering doing it where each leg is a combination of two legs so you still run three legs but instead of 4-8 a leg you will run more like 8-16 a leg...give or take.
  • Author

Less than 48 hours away. I've been training since Jan. for this weekend. I hope I'm ready and can't waite!

Less than 48 hours away. I've been training since Jan. for this weekend. I hope I'm ready and can't waite!
Me either. I'm on the Southern Discomfort Runners. I'll be running leg one in van one. How about you? What time does your team start at?

 

I had such a blast last year and can't wait until Friday.

What time are you guys coming through Danville? My sister-in-laws group is coming through around midnight to 4am so I plan on being downtown. My wife is driving one of the vans for their team.

What time are you guys coming through Danville? My sister-in-laws group is coming through around midnight to 4am so I plan on being downtown. My wife is driving one of the vans for their team.
Are you talking about coming into the high school to sleep? Or do you mean when do our Danville legs start? The race actually goes through Danville twice.
  • Author
Me either. I'm on the Southern Discomfort Runners. I'll be running leg one in van one. How about you? What time does your team start at?

 

I had such a blast last year and can't wait until Friday.

 

I am in Van #2 running leg 12,24,& 36 on the "Running under the Influence" Team. We take off at 11:15 a.m. Plan on attending the kick off recption tomorrow night in Lexington. If your leg one you will take off in downtown Perryville for round #2 while I am finishing my first run. Might run into each other. I'll be looking for bib number 391-1. My bib number should be 372-12

Around 10:30 I will be handing off our bracelet for the team to begin leg 14 (starts at US 150 and Parksville Cross Pike/KY1822) which is the first leg that goes into Danville. Around 2:50 a.m. our 1st van (which I am in) will be wrapping up our second legs and heading to the high school for sleep and showers.

Are you talking about coming into the high school to sleep? Or do you mean when do our Danville legs start? The race actually goes through Danville twice.

 

The Danville legs. I won't be at the high school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.