Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bourbon Chase

Featured Replies

I am in Van #2 running leg 12,24,& 36 on the "Running under the Influence" Team. We take off at 11:15 a.m. Plan on attending the kick off recption tomorrow night in Lexington. If your leg one you will take off in downtown Perryville for round #2 while I am finishing my first run. Might run into each other. I'll be looking for bib number 391-1. My bib number should be 372-12
Awesome, we will have to look out for each other. If not we definitely need to meet up at the finish. PM for my phone number.
  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
What time are you guys coming through Danville? My sister-in-laws group is coming through around midnight to 4am so I plan on being downtown. My wife is driving one of the vans for their team.

 

PP after my first leg (estimate time of finish is 10:30 p.m. in Perryville) I am going straight to bed as my Van takes back off at 3:30 a.m. for the second and third legs. What's the name of thier team?

Around 10:30 I will be handing off our bracelet for the team to begin leg 14 (starts at US 150 and Parksville Cross Pike/KY1822) which is the first leg that goes into Danville. Around 2:50 a.m. our 1st van (which I am in) will be wrapping up our second legs and heading to the high school for sleep and showers.

 

Is that 10:30 pm or am?

The Danville legs. I won't be at the high school.
See the message above. If I have service I should also be tweeting the team's progress either via my personal account or @sodicorunners (give us a follow).
PP after my first leg (estimate time of finish is 10:30 p.m. in Perryville) I am going straight to bed as my Van takes back off at 3:30 a.m. for the second and third legs. What's the name of thier team?

 

Chicks That Kick Asphalt or something like that.

See the message above. If I have service I should also be tweeting the team's progress either via my personal account or @sodicorunners (give us a follow).

 

Will do.

PM.

 

Cool. How's your hair looking? I may start a rumor saying Justin Timberlake is running the Bourbon Chase and will be in between Danville and Perryville around 10:30 Friday night. Get you a big following out there.

 

I'll be at my wife's beck and call but I'll try to catch up with you at some point.

  • Author
Chicks That Kick Asphalt or something like that.

 

I see where they are taking off at 1:15 p.m. 2 hours after we do.

Chicks That Kick Asphalt or something like that.
I like that one. Though it should be "Chicks + One Dude That Kick Asphalt" :lol:

 

Will do.
Thanks man.

 

Cool. How's your hair looking? I may start a rumor saying Justin Timberlake is running the Bourbon Chase and will be in between Danville and Perryville around 10:30 Friday night. Get you a big following out there.

 

I'll be at my wife's beck and call but I'll try to catch up with you at some point.

Haha, it's very JTesque right now. That would actually be awesome!

 

Definitely need to do that. Also, for anyone new to the race---if you are thinking to get some sleep in Perryville before van 1 takes out on it's second legs you can go ahead and scratch that idea. They fire off muskets every 15 minutes or so. Which is actually cool the first time or two but after about five times you are ready to shove that musket where the sun don't shine.

I see where they are taking off at 1:15 p.m. 2 hours after we do.
Very impressive. Those chicks really do kick some asphalt.
  • Author

The only thing that has me concerned is the time. You can not be to far behind projected time or you have a chance of getting DQ. I feel really good with my time, as I can run about 1:00 a mile faster than the pace I turned in. I'd rather not run that fast, but I planned ahead for the 3rd. leg. I have no control of what the other runners on our team do, and that scares me a little.

The only thing that has me concerned is the time. You can not be to far behind projected time or you have a chance of getting DQ. I feel really good with my time, as I can run about 1:00 a mile faster than the pace I turned in. I'd rather not run that fast, but I planned ahead for the 3rd. leg. I have no control of what the other runners on our team do, and that scares me a little.
Best piece of advice I can give you. It's here now, go out and have fun.

Also, don't miss the bourbon s'more treats they offer at Wild Turkey. Last year I ran into Wild Turkey so I couldn't really get many down at that moment....this year, I get done the leg before you run into Wild Turkey and I plan on eating roughly 50 of them...

 

Oh yea, and there is a pizza place in Versailles that advertises as "the best pizza in Versailles". I put down a whole pie by myself there last year. It's right before the exchange between leg 28 and leg 29.

This being called The Bourbon Chase, I'm assuming you guys will be passing through the Bourbon City?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.