Warren Central 49 Fort Campbell 0

Birdsfan

Warren Central played a very good game and controlled EVERY facet of the game.

There was some poor officiating in the game, but it certainly wasn't the deciding factor.

It's back to the drawing board for the Falcons as they prepare to host the Fort Knox Eagles in the 2011 Army Bowl next week.

Later.

Warren Central played a very good game and controlled EVERY facet of the game.

There was some poor officiating in the game, but it certainly wasn't the deciding factor.

It's back to the drawing board for the Falcons as they prepare to host the Fort Knox Eagles in the 2011 Army Bowl next week.

Later.

The ones from the update thread:

-I absolutely believe they blew the call on the 4th down pass. I don't have good angles on it from my camera points, but I thought it looked like the ball never hit the ground. The ref who came in wouldn't have been the one I thought would have seen it.

-I haven't had a chance to look at the spot one yet, only heard the reaction from the Fort Campbell faithful.

-I didn't think the pass was dropped in the end zone.

-The kicker is named Adel Muskic (and the announcer butchers the last name). He's from Bosnia, and is a heck of a kicker. Just a sophomore. Might be the best one Central's ever had even though he did miss a PAT tonight.

Obviously, I was ecstatic about the game. The Dragon offense is easily the best one that Coach Roger's has had at Central. I wish we still had last year's defense, but this one seems to do well enough. It'll be interesting to see next week against Meade County. The Dragons are 3-0 for the first time since 1993.

-I absolutely believe they blew the call on the 4th down pass. I don't have good angles on it from my camera points, but I thought it looked like the ball never hit the ground. The ref who came in wouldn't have been the one I thought would have seen it.

-I haven't had a chance to look at the spot one yet, only heard the reaction from the Fort Campbell faithful.

-The kicker is named Adel Muskic (and the announcer butchers the last name). He's from Bosnia, and is a heck of a kicker. Just a sophomore. Might be the best one Central's ever had even though he did miss a PAT tonight.

Obviously, I was ecstatic about the game. The Dragon offense is easily the best one that Coach Roger's has had at Central. I wish we still had last year's defense, but this one seems to do well enough. It'll be interesting to see next week against Meade County. The Dragons are 3-0 for the first time since 1993.

Officiating, though poor, was not a factor in the outcome of this game.

Congrats to Warren Central - a fine looking football team!

Should be very interesting in the west for 5A as Warren Central, Christian County & Bowling Green sort things out in the playoffs.

Edited by FalconBacker

FalconBacker, I listened to the game on the internet from Afghanistan and was just as frustrated as you seem to be. Please remember these young men didn't come to the game tonight wishing for this outcome. I’m sure each and every one of them felt the sting of each point WC put on the board. Please refrain from piling on with misplaced or unnecessary sentiment. Constructive criticism – no problem, venting frustration…not necessary.

PS, my son is one of your "Unworthy".

FalconBacker, I listened to the game on the internet from Afghanistan and was just as frustrated as you seem to be. Please remember these young men didn't come to the game tonight wishing for this outcome. I’m sure each and every one of them felt the sting of each point WC put on the board. Please refrain from piling on with misplaced or unnecessary sentiment. Constructive criticism – no problem, venting frustration…not necessary.

Hey noble492, I'm sure your son and the rest of the Falcons will bounce back from this minor setback. They're tough, they will be OK. You take care of yourself over there, "keep your head on a swivel" and get back home soon. Thanks for your service to me and all US.

Thanks for the info on the kicker's name. I found it funny because there was also a Michael Bush and an Emmit Smith......I thought someone was making stuff up.

Later.

You continue to stay safe & we look forward to you being at a couple games when you come home for R&R!!

#55 was one of a very small handful that played every play to the whistle.

I have slept and had a few hours to digest this, my feelings have not changed much.

noble492

Welcome to BGP, it is nice to have another FC supporter on here.

Between BGP & the Cadiz radio station's web broadcast, I have always been able to keep up with FC football no matter where in the world I wake up and happen to find myself.

I second FalconBacker's sentiments. Thank you for your service and welcome to BGP

Welcome to the boards!

Later.

I've been doing my traditional video review to compile my personal stats for the game, and this eye popper jumped out at me. After the first play of their third drive of the game, Warren Central ran 30 consecutive plays in Fort Campbell territory, which was converted into five touchdowns and a field goal. The entire second quarter the Dragon offense didn't take a single snap in their half of the field. They took six in their territory in the game. Added to Fort Campbell's total, only twelve plays were run in Warren Central territory, though more would have been with a correct call on a 4th down pass that was Fort Campbell's deepest drive.