Non-CovCath fans, would you agree if CovCath doesn't beat...

theguru

Looking at the 2000's it takes no genious to figure out Highlands has won the majority of the games.

My point is the majority of these games were much more competitive than most ever expected them, and that to me is because of the rivalry. Since they beat Highlands in the playoffs of 01' most of the games have been decided in the 4th quarter. 2002 was neck and neck the entire game until HHS pulled away late in the 4th with a 2 TD victory, as was 2003 when CCH was dreadful and only won 3 games. 2004 both games were completely competitive. 2005, Highlands win on a last second 50 yard pass. 2006 CCH wins both. 2007 was a very competitive game in the regular season and CCH was down that year and then Highlands took care of business in th playoffs. The 2008 game may have been the low point in CCH history so that one obviously was not. 2009 was way more competitive than it ever should have been as this was Highlands nationally ranked and possibly best team ever and found themselves down after the 1st quarter and up something like 12-7 at half. Last year, was a great game and Highlands was by far the better team.

My point is simply this, 9 years out of 10 Highlands will have more talent, and some years significantly more talent. Yet for all the games the past 10 years only 3 were not close.

I came up with something like 462-217 for this time period. I think if you throw in 98 and 99 it's worse. I think there was a 70 something score one of those years. Anyway, I just don't agree with this throw the records out the window thinking. I would agree with it if were more even. It simply is not.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with something like 462-217 for this time period. I think if you throw in 98 and 99 it's worse. I think there was a 70 something score one of those years. Anyway, I just don't agree with this throw the records out the window thinking. I would agree with it if were more even. It simply is not.

Not disagreeing at all with you. A couple of the blowouts were 61-0, 40-0, and 52-20 or something like that. Can't throw the records out, Highlands wins 8-9 out of 10 of these games anymore. I think when people say "throw the records out it's always a great game" what they mean is the majority of the games are extremely competitve and while Highlands always has a great team, CCH has down years but yet they still are usually close and exciting. Closer some years than most would expect.

Not disagreeing at all with you. A couple of the blowouts were 61-0, 40-0, and 52-20 or something like that. Can't throw the records out, Highlands wins 8-9 out of 10 of these games anymore. I think when people say "throw the records out it's always a great game" what they mean is the majority of the games are extremely competitve and while Highlands always has a great team, CCH has down years but yet they still are usually close and exciting. Closer some years than most would expect.

Gotcha:thumb: