Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheldon Clark in 2006

Featured Replies

OK Cards Fans how do you see next year season?

Replacing holes in the O and D-lines will be tough to do. They may return some good Skill position players, but unless they put a line out there to protect the QB and open some running holes, it could be a tough year. I know there are some younger guys who got some playing time on the line this year, and some fans would say they will step in and do fine, but it is much different to start and play the whole game rather than giving someone else a rest.

Agreed... All of the beef seems to be departing.

Agreed... All of the beef seems to be departing.

 

Its pretty depressing...

 

It seems next year for the cards the average size for an o lineman will be down from 280, to about 245.

Coach Hager will have Sheldon Clark in shape to compete hard, but losing the lineman hurts. Lets face it, its not like they return the most explosive skill guys either. Dials was a solid, hard-nosed kid, but lacked footspeed. I think Sheldon Clark will be in a pre-season dead heat with Prestonsburg to grab that second spot.

 

Belfry should be CLEARLY the best team in the district. I believe Prestonsburg lost a good portion of their talent as well.

The Cards are returning their top skill players at every position. They did lose three excellent offensive lineman in Jon Allen, Josh Schmidt and Jon Wells. However they return their starting center, Sam Schmidt and one of their tackles in Danny Hinkle. The cupboard is far from bare!

Sheldon Clark imo, will have alot of work to do. If the boys work hard in the weight room and do alot of conditioning, footwork and speed. will be just fine. I belive when the season starts coach Hager will have them ready.

Sheldon Clark imo, will have alot of work to do. If the boys work hard in the weight room and do alot of conditioning, footwork and speed. will be just fine. I belive when the season starts coach Hager will have them ready.

 

I hope they are a week late in the season before they put it all together after that I hope they can win them all . Last year when are JV team went up thier to play theirs I got the chance to go trough thier wieght room after seeing what those kids have to work with then set back and watch what a good season they had well my heart goes out for that team .I would love to see some of those coal company's take some interest in SC football program like they did at Belfy I was just amazed with how little they had and still be so good .Their wieght room reminded me of are's when I played for Lawrence Co. back in the early 80's. Good luck Cards in 06.

  • Author

Hager Coach----- WYMT coach of year how great is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Apparently Sheldon Clark received a transfer or two on the o/d line and will probably continue to be pretty solid in that area. They lost the 4 leaders on the team with Josh Schmidt, Jon Allen, John Wells and James Maynard (d-line) but should still compete fairly well with a couple of juniors stepping up.

 

I look for Sheldon Clark to be real competitive in the district in 06, but lets all pray they can get just ONE defensive back.

 

I know I felt like we didnt even have ONE player in the secondary against the state runner-ups either time we played them.

 

Good luck in 06 SCHS.

Hager Coach----- WYMT coach of year how great is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

 

Certainly deserved it didnt he. ;)

i feel if they can get a quality DB this year hey will open some eyes.

...

I know I felt like we didnt even have ONE player in the secondary against the state runner-ups either time we played them.

 

...

 

When did Sheldon Clark play OCath even once ??

 

:sssh: ;)

Geez, how many more of them Schmidt boys are left at SC? :eek:

Geez, how many more of them Schmidt boys are left at SC? :eek:

 

Sam is the last one. Wouldn't mind to see a few more. They always brought the beef to the line.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.