Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12 Region Baseball

Featured Replies

I think Southwestern will be the favorite from their district and could win region, what does everyone else think?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Danville and Mercer County are the preseason favorites to win the region.

Who will be the top pitcher in this Region?

Branscum from SW, I would imagine. Brown from Rockastle has batter stuff, but in the 4 or 5 times I've seen him pitch he's had quite a bit of trouble finding the strike zone.

Rich Witten (Junior) would have to be considered in this group - he threw upper 80's on a regular basis last year reaching up to 92.

 

Michael Bottoms (Senior and signed with Morehead State) and Matthew Robertson (Sophomore) will also be very good this year.

Where is Branscum going to college at?

Where is Branscum going to college at?

Haven't heard.

Has he had any looks from D-1 schools?

I'm pretty sure UK had talked with him, but I don't know the status of that situation now.

Rich Witten (Junior) would have to be considered in this group - he threw upper 80's on a regular basis last year reaching up to 92.

 

That is ludicrous. Rich is a good player but in no way did he touch 92 or upper 80's(88-89). I would need proof to believe that. You get it and I'll believe it.

 

Rich will be a good player this year and will most likely flourish on the offensive side more than pitching, imo. Also I think that Boyle will have a decent team this year as well. The have Andrew Bertram anchoring the staff this year and is going to have miles of improvement from last year based on mechanics and knowledge of how to "pitch" not "throw", also he hit 85-87 his sophomore year then falling to low 80's last year. It will be a different ballgame this year though.

 

I see great things from Boyle and Danville and believe that either one of them could easily win region.

That is ludicrous. Rich is a good player but in no way did he touch 92 or upper 80's(88-89). I would need proof to believe that. You get it and I'll believe it.

 

Rich will be a good player this year and will most likely flourish on the offensive side more than pitching, imo. Also I think that Boyle will have a decent team this year as well. The have Andrew Bertram anchoring the staff this year and is going to have miles of improvement from last year based on mechanics and knowledge of how to "pitch" not "throw", also he hit 85-87 his sophomore year then falling to low 80's last year. It will be a different ballgame this year though.

 

I see great things from Boyle and Danville and believe that either one of them could easily win region.

 

Well I did play with Rich all summer and we had a gun on all of our pitchers. You'd be surprised. I know one game where I sat behind the plate with the gun and his fastball didn't fall below 87 the entire game. That game he topped at 91. I wouldn't make that up. Rich is a good 5 tool player. Don't go all crazy in saying people are wrong if you don't know for yourself. If thats not enough proof then you can ask Coach Morse from Danville and I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you.

Yes, I am sure Paul, whom I know quite well, wouldn't mind telling me and I'm sure that the fact that I have known Rich and coached him before has no impact what so ever on MY opinion. I am just saying that I dont believe it and being a baseball person, you dont listen to scouting reports, you see them for yourself.

Yes, I am sure Paul, whom I know quite well, wouldn't mind telling me and I'm sure that the fact that I have known Rich and coached him before has no impact what so ever on MY opinion. I am just saying that I dont believe it and being a baseball person, you dont listen to scouting reports, you see them for yourself.

 

Well I was just saying what I know. I wouldn't go and lie about something like that.

I never said you were lying now did I? All i was posting was my thoughts, and I asked for proof, you gave me proof, period. I hope he is because he is a great kid, but I will just have to see it for myself when Boyle plays Danville this year. I am sure it will be Bertram vs. Witten another great game for sure.

I'll bet you a milk shake he did!

Ask the people who ran the Games at Applebees Park

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.