Summer B-ball Updates

Summer team b-ball activity is now in full swing, with much action on the way. Please respond with updates from around the state, whatever your team may be or any other teams and players have been impressive.

Summer team b-ball activity is now in full swing, with much action on the way. Please respond with updates from around the state, whatever your team may be or any other teams and players have been impressive.

I wasn't there but I understand Boone County went to Louisville yesterday for two scrimmage games. The Lady Rebels beat Mercy by 1 and lost to Manual, possibly the odds-on favorite for next season (with Marion County in there as well), by 6.

Anderson County wins the varsity high school AAU state championship this weekend and was quite impressive beating Casey Co, Montgomery Co, Rowan Co, Sacred Heart, Madison Central and Clay Co, averaging double digits victory margians. However Clay Co. took them to overtime in the finals. The Anderson girls, while still young start three sophomores, a freshman and one senior but looked to have matured a bit since last season. Congrats Lady Bearcats.

Warren Central had a very successful time at the Basketball at the Beach Team Camp. It was held at two different sites Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, Fla. The Lady Dragon varisty team went 8-1. The j.v. team was 5-2.

South Oldham's varsity team has won all their summer games, so far. They have beat Butler, Male, Floyd Central, Sacred Heart, Owen County, and Western Hills. I like how the seniors are looking and I especially like how several of the juniors have improved. But it is summer ball and a lot of coaches(including South) are playing a lot of kids and sometimes key players are on vacation or have other committments.