Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wireless Routers

Featured Replies

I don't know much about routers, having bought my first one only recently. However, I will relate this: For my needs, I didn't need much at all. I bought a basic Belkin, and it was horrible. I took it back, got the most upgraded Belkin, and it was no better. I took that one back and got a NetGear and it's awesome. You may want to just try a different brand. Although someone I trust very much recommends Lynxsis, the guy at Best Buy talked me into the NetGear, and I must say I have absolutely no regrets in the purchase. It was a bit harder to set up for me (a novice), but in the end, it's completely surpassed my expectations.
We have a NetGear and I agree, it's awesome!
  • Author

Thanks for the responses. We went with a new Netgear router. Looks like that was the issue. All computers and consoles are up and running and so far, no lost connections.

Thanks for the responses. We went with a new Netgear router. Looks like that was the issue. All computers and consoles are up and running and so far, no lost connections.

 

From what you described, it sounded so much like what I experienced with the Belkin, that's why I threw that out there. For the record, I would never have offered that advice if you hadn't posted you had a Belkin router. I was completely intimidated by the intense answers of Bench and Watusi. :lol: Sometimes, though, the KISS method works. :D

  • Author
From what you described, it sounded so much like what I experienced with the Belkin, that's why I threw that out there. For the record, I would never have offered that advice if you hadn't posted you had a Belkin router. I was completely intimidated by the intense answers of Bench and Watusi. :lol: Sometimes, though, the KISS method works. :D

 

The guy at Best Buy laughed when I told him I was using a Belkin. He asked how long I'd had the problem and wondered why I didn't come in sooner. He recommended a Netgear and a Lynxsis, said either would be a thousand times better than what I had.

The guy at Best Buy laughed when I told him I was using a Belkin. He asked how long I'd had the problem and wondered why I didn't come in sooner. He recommended a Netgear and a Lynxsis, said either would be a thousand times better than what I had.

 

Which Netgear did you end up getting, do you mind saying how much it cost? I'm thinking about upgrading my router here soon as well.

  • Author
Which Netgear did you end up getting, do you mind saying how much it cost? I'm thinking about upgrading my router here soon as well.

 

NETGEAR - N600 Dual Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB

 

$130

 

So far (knock on wood), we're very happy with it. The real test will be tonight when the wife tries to hook up her work laptop. If that goes over without a hitch, we're good to go. If it doesn't, I'll be sleeping in the doghouse.

NETGEAR - N600 Dual Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB

 

$130

 

So far (knock on wood), we're very happy with it. The real test will be tonight when the wife tries to hook up her work laptop. If that goes over without a hitch, we're good to go. If it doesn't, I'll be sleeping in the doghouse.

$130??? I paid $60 or $80 for the same model about 4 or five months ago. Where'd you get it?

My mistake, NamecipS. I think yours is the WNDR3700 where mine is the WNDR3400.

My mistake, NamecipS. I think yours is the WNDR3700 where mine is the WNDR3400.

 

I bought a $30 Belkin, then figured it wasn't "enough", took it back and bought a $70 Belkin...that didn't work...so I went to Best Buy and got a $70 NetGear, and it's like night and day. :lol: Shoulda skipped Wal-mart and should've gone to Best Buy to begin with. Same money, in the end, and I'd have saved a week of frustration. I thought about the 'big gun' NetGear, but really? I just want to use my lap top and watch Netflix on my TV via my Wii. I decided not to get ahead of myself.

  • Author
My mistake, NamecipS. I think yours is the WNDR3700 where mine is the WNDR3400.

 

Yes sir, WNDR3700.

 

It was more than I wanted to pay. Now that it's up and running, I'm glad I did. No lag, no lost connections and everyone in the house is happy.

everyone in the house is happy.
That is the litmus test right there. If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :D

I'm going to best buy tomorrow and buying the same NCips bought. I've been having problems for the past week or two, bro told me he was having the same. HAHA I'll fix this!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR. I'm so disgruntled bc it honestly worked great for about 2 months and then all of the sudden all of this crap. If netgear does the same I'm probably just gonna go kill "The Internet"

  • Author
I'm going to best buy tomorrow and buying the same NCips bought. I've been having problems for the past week or two, bro told me he was having the same. HAHA I'll fix this!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR. I'm so disgruntled bc it honestly worked great for about 2 months and then all of the sudden all of this crap. If netgear does the same I'm probably just gonna go kill "The Internet"

 

And????

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.