Congratulation to Rockcastle County girls State Basketball Champions

I looked on riherds scoreboard over the last 4 years, the senior class record was 133 wins with 22 losses. WOW! Great job Rockcastle co.

I get that at 113-23 for those four years. Still outstanding but 133 wins would be 33 wins a year! By the way, Marion County was 115-19 over those same four years.

I get that at 113-23 for those four years. Still outstanding but 133 wins would be 33 wins a year! By the way, Marion County was 115-19 over those same four years.

Rock has been to Bowling Green six of the last eight years with final four last two years. That would seem pretty substantial to most folks. Hammonds has played in Diddle FOUR times, as a seventh grader, freshman, and the last two years.

Don't know about track because I don't follow that sport................................. :D

Hunter ran cross country for Rockcastle since she was in FOURTH grade! She plays ball now. Hammonds was a high jumper and McCreary was a sprinter. I think a couple of the state-wide commentators who thought that they wouldn't be able to keep up with a school like Manual were sadly mistaken. Notice that Rock was in the late bracket with less time between games and still outlasted Manual.

Colby - No April Wilson did not play in the tourney and anytime you lose a player of her caliber it is a big loss. However that is all part of basketball. Even the old Sacred Heart Academy powerhouses with Crystal Kelly, Carly Ormerod, and the Kopple sisters had their share of injuries throughout the seasons.

Sara Hammonds talent was obvious but what impressed me was her court awareness and how she plays the game even without the ball. Angie Lawrence had a great tourney and the supporting players executed flawlessly and there appeared to be almost perfect team chemistry. I give a lot of credit to Coach Noble who I have followed for years back to the early years of Tara Rowe, Johnna Abney, and Heather Hammond.

Colby - No April Wilson did not play in the tourney and anytime you lose a player of her caliber it is a big loss. However that is all part of basketball. Even the old Sacred Heart Academy powerhouses with Crystal Kelly, Carly Ormerod, and the Kopple sisters had their share of injuries throughout the seasons.

I was surprised to see them do as well as they did with their talented point guard not playing . Not meaning any disrespect to Rockcastle , she is a huge part of that team.

I have been going to lady rocket games for several years. Angie Lawrence was a very good high school player at Rock, much as J. Abney, T. Rowe, Heather, Whitey, M. Saylor or Alexander were. Sarah Rowe was perhaps a notch up and helped our program stay at a high level.

Sara Hammond was a once in a lifetime player and the coaches did a tremendous job with what they were blessed with. She allowed the Rock to knock on the door in 2010 and break it in in 2011. The hard part for coach Noble will be keeping an inexperienced program in the top 3-4 teams in the 12th region. If anyone can it wil be Coach Noble, because of her Rockcastle is a program and not a team.

Sara Hammonds talent was obvious but what impressed me was her court awareness and how she plays the game even without the ball. .

What impresses me most about Sara Hammonds is the kind of young lady she is. I have a good friend who has a daughter in that program and he tells me she is the real deal as a person. As good as she is as a basketball player, her humility and her integrity will take her much further in life than anything she has ever done with a basketball in her hand. I have been watching her for a long time and I am going to miss "00" for the Lady Rockets. Congratulations to Coach Noble and all the Lady Rockets.