Title IX in NKY

Dlbdonn

Now I will really show my lack of baseball knowledge: is it a big deal to install and un-install pitching mounds? It just a pile of dirt isn't it? I mean comparing the cost of installing some temporary fences for softball, moving the bases and removing the pitching mound vs spending a million dollars to acquire the land for a new softball complex, does it make sense to have the baseball team play the first half of their home schedule at the on site complex and then have the mound removed for the second half so that the girls could play the second half of the season at the on site facility? Just wondering.

Baseball 101 will be at my house, LN. Bring a meal, it'll be a long one. :lol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Softball team doesn't play in Death Valley. That would be a Title IX no-no (having a Girls team play on campus when the Boys do not).

Assuming I am correct in calling the lower field to the right of the school as you're looking at the school, you may want to tell that to the NDA pitcher who gave up a walk-off homer to a HHS frosh last spring.

LN - many high school fields have grass infields set up for 90 feet bases. If a fastpitch team were to play on that field with 60 foot bases, they would be running from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd on grass while running from home to first and 3rd to home on dirt. Additionally, the average fastpitch fence is 200 feet from home plate. Baseball, obviously, is more like 300+.

Picture the HHS boys baseball team playing their games on the field down in Death Valley where the softball team plays. Wouldn't work.

Does Holmes softball team not play at Glenn O. Swing Elementary any more?

Assuming you know that I meant HHS = Highlands, I will play along.

Holmes still plays at Glenn O.

Oops. my bad, I thought you did mean Holmes. :sssh: Never been to Highlands for softball. They've always come to us, but haven't even played since 2001 except in the region tourney.