Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lynn Camp 2011

Featured Replies

What does Lynn Camp need to do to improve in
2011?
What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Next year's schedule:

 

wk 0 vs. South Laurel (PB @ Knox Central)

wk 1 vs. North Laurel (CVB @ North Laurel ??)

wk 2 @ Madison Southern

wk 3 vs. Pineville

wk 4 @ Harlan

wk 5 vs. Whitley County

wk 6 BYE

wk 7 @ Berea

wk 8 vs. Campbellsville

wk 9 vs. Williamsburg

wk 10 @ Middlesboro

I think a much better schedule will bring a much better result. It is still competitive but not extreme like the opening slate last year that brought injuries and a loss of confidence. Every game is winnable, and most are challenging. I have very little info on their returning personnel, but you can obviously expect the hard-nosed football from Coach Mitchell to be the same. I'll say 6-4 (losses to NL, Harlan, Whitley, M'boro).

Wins, Berea. Loses ,South,North,Whitley, Middlesboro. Other 5 toss ups. I'll say 4-6, 3-7.

I saw Lynn Camp play last game of the season last year. Not impressed with the talent leval and numbers were low. Must get numbers up and work hard in off season to get better.

A lot of personel were injured/MIA last game(s) of the year, cellking. Don't let the last few games of last year form your opinion. Many of our key personnel were out (Starting QB/kicker/etc.) and really hurt us on both sides of the ball. Athletes were being replaced by youngsters learing the varsity game. We had a team that was 75-80% freshmen and sophmores going against vetean teams.

 

Numbers pushing near 30 for spring practice, which is phenomenal for LC. A few kids are back from injuries, some are back from exile. Dylan Napier has returned in the RB slot and is looking good. A few new faces have appeared from last year. LC looks stronger and the kids have a positive attitude early. Look for LC to make some noise this year as they return to a more physical mode.

Lynn Camp won't beat either of the Laurel Schools, Whitley, or Middlesboro. The other ones are toss ups.

Don't count them out against South Laurel, L12.

North could be a good game.

Both are big schools but have not shown anything tha would make them "unbeatable" by a determined smaller school.

LC has been destroyed by some larger schools in he past but have also had their share of victories against these teams, also. LC had about the same talent level they have this year when they beat Whitley pretty well in '07. From what I have seen from SL they do not compare to the Whitley team from that same time frame.

JMO and I could be wrong. Just saying......

South had more talent than North last year but there was just a lot of conflict going on over there. The SL class of juniors to be is the best class to come through since '05. I could be wrong though the Laurel schools have always had a way of underachieving.

Good to hear, Hope things go well for the Campers and Coach Mitchell. We will be watching them through out the year. Good Luck.

Lynn Camp has quite a bit of talent and experience coming into this year. Most of the starters have played as starters since their freshmen years. Speed is there, talent is there but I have a concern about size across the line. LC can be good but still have a few questions to answer. Attitudes are better than they have been in years.

I think Berea is the only sure win on the Schedule. North and South Laurel will win on talent alone, Middlesboro and Madison Southern will be improved very much. I also see Whitley Co. , Williamsburg and Campbellsville as loses. That leaves Pineville. I pick them 2-8. Hope I'm wrong.

Good luck to the Campers this year, hope to see you all at Jabez this weekend coming up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.