Lloyd Memorial 2011

Ram

They have to run the ball, Asher proved he is a very good running back, wonder how he would do at tailback with a healthy Dillon Smith blocking for him? Kidd really came on last year too, really runs hard and is deceptively quick. I also think with the addition of some kids that didnt play last year they will have alot of success with the new schedule. Dexter Smith will also be helped out by a good running game. Asher has the ability to have 1000 yards, if that happens Dexter will have alot more time to throw the ball, it will also open up his running game more too. There are kids onn that team he can throw to, he has the arm just needs time in the pocket, he is tough as they come! Let's hope they get the right coach in there! He has some talent there!

:thumb:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Lloyd making a real run next year, this will be a different team then this years!! I can only hope that they go outside of the current coaching staff to find a replacement, if they do, I'll go ahead and say it first, they can run the table in 2A in NKY next year! Any word yet on any possible coaches? GO JUGGS

I see Lloyd making a real run next year, this will be a different team then this years!! I can only hope that they go outside of the current coaching staff to find a replacement, if they do, I'll go ahead and say it first, they can run the table in 2A in NKY next year! Any word yet on any possible coaches? GO JUGGS

Haven't heard anything yet and I bet it will be a few weeks before anything gets stirring up. I hope they get on quick so the kids can adapt to the change.

Is Lloyd still running the spread?

They need to be. They haven't the most athletic team nor the best sized line therefor running the spread would give the QB more time to react and be able to make some plays.

How does a coach go about making kids stay in the program?

By doing what he did..resign. Lucas surrounded himself with terrible coaches! The only way this program stays the same and continues to loose players is if they hire someone off the current staff to be the head coach! If they go outside the program and get a new guy and fresh start you will see an immediate change. I still remember the level of excitement when they announced Yeagle as the coach a few years back, although that didn't turn out the way everyone wanted, the fact of the matter is people were excited and kids wanted to play football at Lloyd again.

You can't run the table in NKY 2A without getting real dedication in the weight room.

By doing what he did..resign. Lucas surrounded himself with terrible coaches! The only way this program stays the same and continues to loose players is if they hire someone off the current staff to be the head coach! If they go outside the program and get a new guy and fresh start you will see an immediate change. I still remember the level of excitement when they announced Yeagle as the coach a few years back, although that didn't turn out the way everyone wanted, the fact of the matter is people were excited and kids wanted to play football at Lloyd again.

You don't want Lucas, Yeagle did not work, perhaps its not the coaches that is the problem!

Whatever the the problem it seems like we are getting off the main topic of this thread. Coach Lucas felt it was time for a change for Lloyd and himself. Wish him and the Lloyd program the best and time to move forward. Now, back to the kids. What needs to happen for them to improve?

Lucas is probably one of the best offensive minds out there, the problem is not just coaching. Like DRKARK said this is about the kids. I stopped up at the weight room yesterday and there were over 20 kid's working out excluding baseball and track kids. Erlanger needs to work quick on this and not let it fester on for weeks or months. Time is of the essence here so everone know's and jumps on the wagon. Lloyd has some very good kids and coaches. Good luck for the JUGGERNAUT'S. JD

JD, couldn't agree more with your comments. It is very aggrivating to get on any thread dealing with Lloyd and it turns into a coach/administration bashing session regardless of sport. I think Lloyd has great coaches in all programs (Key, Lucas, Moore, etc), would just like people to find other excuses besides the coaching.

I know of one really strong coach that will be applying for this job. He will work with all the above mentioned and more. He has good experience; will run the ball; relatives in the area and would love to come to Lloyd if given a chance. He has been very successful! Good luck Lloyd. :D

I know of one really strong coach that will be applying for this job. He will work with all the above mentioned and more. He has good experience; will run the ball; relatives in the area and would love to come to Lloyd if given a chance. He has been very successful! Good luck Lloyd. :D

Got a name?