Newport Central Catholic 62 Dixie Heights 12

Hanna Theim 13 Dixie 12 Really? Is that the correct score?

Dixie's leading scorer did not play at all due to injury and their second leading scorer saw limited action due to injury. With them at full strength, the score would not have been this one sided.

Dixie's leading scorer did not play at all due to injury and their second leading scorer saw limited action due to injury. With them at full strength, the score would not have been this one sided.

It would have still been a 30 point margin.

Pitiful display of basketball by Dixie. Horrible fundamentals. Even had Meredith played, NCC would have still beat Dixie by at least 35 to 40 points. IMO, the score could have been much worse. Fortunately, Coach Dawn called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. NCC is really good. I'm pulling for them in the District and Regional tournaments.

Pitiful display of basketball by Dixie. Horrible fundamentals. Even had Meredith played, NCC would have still beat Dixie by at least 35 to 40 points. IMO, the score could have been much worse. Fortunately, Coach Dawn called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. NCC is really good. I'm pulling for them in the District and Regional tournaments.

I spoke to parent of one of jv/varsity player. She is very disappointed in Dixie. would love to transfer daughter if the ruling of sitting out one year was not is effect.

I spoke to parent of one of jv/varsity player. She is very disappointed in Dixie. would love to transfer daughter if the ruling of sitting out one year was not is effect.

Unfortunately, she's not the only player who has expressed dissatisfaction with the program. It's really unfortunate and sad. Now don't get me wrong, NCC has a fabulous team, but there is no excuse for a school that is 3x the size of NCC to get beat by 50 points!

Been an ongoing problem at Dixie for the past few years. There were a few girls that didn't even come out for the team this year that have played before. They don't teach fundamentals. More interested in designing plays for the offense. Doesn't work if you can't handle or shoot the ball. Only teams they have beaten are small schools. They might even get into the region tourney.

Been an ongoing problem at Dixie for the past few years. There were a few girls that didn't even come out for the team this year that have played before. They don't teach fundamentals. More interested in designing plays for the offense. Doesn't work if you can't handle or shoot the ball. Only teams they have beaten are small schools. They might even get into the region tourney.

I know a few really talented players that probably will not return next season. It's ashame, but they're tired of the uphill battle. Dixie's problems really start at the middle school level, especially Turkeyfoot, and with the Freshman team. It seems that the administration's policy is that any warm body will do as a coach. What's really noticeable to alot of people is that with the exception of a few players, Dixie's players are not very well conditoned. Oh well, 2 more games left-Boone County and Beechwood.

They had a chance to get a pretty good, verteran high school coach 3 years ago, but the administration chose Coach Elkus, who is a great guy, but was a career middle school coach, with limited high school experience. They did not want to hire anyone who might "rock the boat". There is some potential there, but it is not being pushed to improve.

Coach Elkus is a great guy. It's my understanding that Dixie's JV coach Brown is stepping down due to family obligations. Good luck to him. I hope that the administration does not promote the freshman coach to JV. She's nice person, but very limited in her knowledge and skills. A hiring like that could set this program back further than it already is. Look outside the box, please! Someone like former boys coaches like C. Schreiber or C. Smith would be a start!