Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alex Murphy To Duke

Featured Replies

Huge get for the Blue Devils. Love watching this kid play...

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this on a Duke site, pumped!

*Insert Sad Face Here*

 

Great get for Duke. Kid's an amazing player, that's for sure.

  • Author
Singler clone.

 

Nope...

Singler clone.

 

You decide.

 

 

Hard to tell but he might be more athletic than Singler. Other than that their games look similar.

  • Author
You decide.

 

 

Hard to tell but he might be more athletic than Singler. Other than that their games look similar.

 

He's tall and white...

He's tall and white...

 

Shoots well from the outside for a big. Looks to be a wing more than a post player. Plays hard like Singler.

 

Perfect Duke kid.

He's tall and white...

 

So was Larry Bird. If you watch tape of Murphy and don't see lots of Singler in him, then I'm not sure what you are seeing.

  • Author
So was Larry Bird. If you watch tape of Murphy and don't see lots of Singler in him, then I'm not sure what you are seeing.

 

Murphy is much more aggressive than Singler was at the same age. He is also quite a bit more athletic and explosive in the open court. I've watched both in person before their college careers and think they are quite a bit different. Singler was a better shooter, but didn't have the same level of ability to slash and score around the rim. More often than not Singler would focus on his mid range game instead of looking for contact at the rim like Murphy does. Are there some similarities? Sure. A clone? Not in my expert opinion...

Murphy is much more aggressive than Singler was at the same age. He is also quite a bit more athletic and explosive in the open court. I've watched both in person before their college careers and think they are quite a bit different. Singler was a better shooter, but didn't have the same level of ability to slash and score around the rim. More often than not Singler would focus on his mid range game instead of looking for contact at the rim like Murphy does. Are there some similarities? Sure. A clone? Not in my expert opinion...

 

So the difference is athletic ability?

So the difference is athletic ability?

 

As well as mind set. They play two different games. Kind of like Brandon Knight vs. John Wall in a sense.

  • Author
So the difference is athletic ability?

 

And a lot more aggressive approach to the game...

And a lot more aggressive approach to the game...

 

I would say A helps with B. It's hard to be aggressive offensively from the wing if you don't have athletic ability.

 

Having only seen him on the video I posted I'll reserve judgement on his athletic ability until he goes up against D1 defenders.

  • Author
I would say A helps with B. It's hard to be aggressive offensively from the wing if you don't have athletic ability.

 

Having only seen him on the video I posted I'll reserve judgement on his athletic ability until he goes up against D1 defenders.

 

Sure, but having one doesn't make the other a given.

 

I saw him playing up an age group against some of the best the 2011 class has to offer in making my evaluation. I'd have felt the same as you if he was dominating at his normal age level in a run of the mill tournament...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.