East vs West All-Star Game

austinman1

The Louisville Fire is sponsoring this wonderful game. It will be held this Friday at 2:00pm at Southern High School. The talent pool is exceptional and it should be a great game. Each team has about 45 players from Louisville and the surrounding counties.

OK, maybe a stupid question

But why in the world would high school football coaches agree to have an All-Star game the same day as the state semifinals?

Yes a lot of talent around Lousiville but don't you think that roster of 45 players would be better with kids from St. X, Trinity, DeSales and Bullitt East?

OK, maybe a stupid question

But why in the world would high school football coaches agree to have an All-Star game the same day as the state semifinals?

Yes a lot of talent around Lousiville but don't you think that roster of 45 players would be better with kids from St. X, Trinity, DeSales and Bullitt East?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm not saying there's not a lot of talent on the rosters, even without the four teams still in the playoffs.

I just can't believe they would have the game the same day as the semifinals. Seems like the KHSAA wouldn't allow that in-season

Plus, not sure they will draw flys as far as a crowd

I'm not saying there's not a lot of talent on the rosters, even without the four teams still in the playoffs.

I just can't believe they would have the game the same day as the semifinals. Seems like the KHSAA wouldn't allow that in-season

Plus, not sure they will draw flys as far as a crowd

Not many games are going on this Friday in the Metro area right?

That's my point.

There are four metro teams left and three have to travel.

If you want to go see one of those games, no way you can do this and then head to Bowling Green and catch St. X-Warren Central!

Is everyone a St.X fan in the metro area?

The all-star game was changed because of concerns about continuing to play it in the summer after the players senior year. They are hoping that the players will still be in "football shape" playing it now. From what I have heard there were several players who turned down invitations because they were so banged up and tired from the season they didn't want to play another game.

Bad idea playing it opposite the playoffs and playing it before everyone is finished but if you wait any later the weather really becomes a factor.

I to am of the opinion that this game will be very sparsely attended and that's a shame.

I heard this game was moved to saturday afternoon... anyone know anything about that? I really think there should be some respect given to the players here, not only the best players come from St.X and Trinity, there are PLENTY of great atheletes in Louisville. So what if 4 teams aren't respresented, I know a lot of the guys who will be playing and there are some real studs playing in this game. I agree AllTell about this needing to be played around this time, after December 3rd, it starts to get cold... and by that time most of KY is locked on basketball.