Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 74 Boone County 66

Featured Replies

Bottom line Boone shot about 2% from the 3 pt. line and 50% from the free throw line. Brown didn't get going until the second half when they got the ball into him. Too little too late. He could have had 40 plus if he got the ball in the 1st half. Just a bad night of shooting.

Bottom line Boone shot about 2% from the 3 pt. line and 50% from the free throw line. Brown didn't get going until the second half when they got the ball into him. Too little too late. He could have had 40 plus if he got the ball in the 1st half. Just a bad night of shooting.

 

I agree that Boone had an awful night behind the arc and at the charity stripe. Crabtree did a great job down low for the portion of the first half and when Scott tightened up on him, Boone didn't transfer to work the ball inside to Brown. Scott is too good of a shooting team to allow them a 12 point lead and gain momentum on their home court.

You guys are missing the boat here. I keep reading comments on the Scott threads about how the other team had a "poor shooting night". Anyone ever stop to think that perhaps each team happens to have a poor shooting night against Scott because the Eagles play very good in your face defense?

You guys are missing the boat here. I keep reading comments on the Scott threads about how the other team had a "poor shooting night". Anyone ever stop to think that perhaps each team happens to have a poor shooting night against Scott because the Eagles play very good in your face defense?

 

Agreed, which is one of the reasons I voted Scott the 4th best team in the area in the Enquirer poll. I know how good they are and even though the team I work with beat them, I still rate them higher. I have not seen the poll from this week yet and I am hoping to see a thread started soon.

You guys are missing the boat here. I keep reading comments on the Scott threads about how the other team had a "poor shooting night". Anyone ever stop to think that perhaps each team happens to have a poor shooting night against Scott because the Eagles play very good in your face defense?

Boone missed too many wide open shots. You are correct by saying some shots were contested, but overall Boone did not have a good night from the outside. Credit whomever you want it doesn't change the statement.

Agreed, which is one of the reasons I voted Scott the 4th best team in the area in the Enquirer poll. I know how good they are and even though the team I work with beat them, I still rate them higher. I have not seen the poll from this week yet and I am hoping to see a thread started soon.

 

Some would agree. Scott is 6-2 against NKY teams .

Boone County played zone against a smaller Campbell County team, and Camels destroyed them from outside. Should be a good game Tuesday night at Scott versus Camels.

Some would agree. Scott is 6-2 against NKY teams .

 

What impressed me with Scott was their defense and the fact this team seems to have learned to handle adversity. First of all, there defense can be tough and they are very well schooled in knowing who the opposing teams shooters are. I remember seeing Brown and Crabtree??(Center) stand uncontested 10 ft from the goal. The McQueary kid had someone near him at all times and I can't think of maybe one open look he had all night. The adversity part comes from the fact that Scott's PG sat most of the 2nd quarter if not all of it (Coaches choice??) and also from the fact the their Center didn't play at all during the 4th qtr and a good portion of the 3rd (fouls?). Don't forget that one starter was not at the game due to illness.... so all of this adds up for a recipe for trouble, but the team banded together and wouldn't relent.

I thought the deciding factor in the game was the fact that Scott's guards seemed to control Boone's for most of the game. This prevented them from getting the ball to Brown early and when they were able to get him the ball he had to deal with Scott's center and Brown was not able to shoot over him.

 

Great game by both teams but Scott is playing better ball right now.

Scott struggled earlier in the year but was still had a chance in every game they played then except for the Henry Clay game. Carr and the players have fixed their earlier mistakes and now have gotten things going on the offensive and defensive ends.

 

Kellen Smith has been playing varsity ball since he was a freshman and has been a starter since his sophomore year. The kid has always been able to ball. He is always at the top in NKY in terms of assists and scoring so he can do it all.

If I'm another coach, I let Brown and Crabtree get their points and contest all of McQueary's threes. He is too good a shooter to leave open, and he doesn't usually create his own shot. The other Boone guards will hit a 3 or two but not enough to burn a team. Seems like when Boone beats good teams, McQueary usually has a good shooting game and makes several threes. Teams are able to focus on him more now without Montgomery playing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.