Greenup County Coach

zebraman

I heard rumor today that he had notified that he was taking a job in Lexington. Also heard that Reigns from LCA is new head man at Mercer County.

Rains is at Mercer. Copley may leave, I just haven't heard anything concrete. He knew when he came to Greenup that is was a short time thing, that was his plan all along. Greenup just didn't know that.

Nothing has been announced at Greenup and several assistants when questioned about the rumor have denied it... The GCHS Football Banquet is scheduled for Janurary 12th and IF there is an announcement I would think it would come after that date.

I have always supported Copley and hope that he will not leave. The program does not need to go through another coaching change. THAT being said, there is a lot of weight to the rumor when you consider that there has not been any weightlifting at Greenup since the season ended. Last year the boys had one week off and were then hitting the weights hard. They even lifted on snow days when school was canceled. They lifted in weight class and after school. This year NOTHING. No weight class, no after school lifting...it does not bode well!

I was told by a GC insider before the end of the season that Copley would not be back. I trust this person and their input has always been forthcoming and accurate. To be honest, the handwriting was on the wall with the lack of interest from the underclassmen and the growing unrest of the middle school parents. As recpark said, "It is what it is."

Finalist for Fern Creek job. Good luck to Coach Copley he brougjt excitement back to the GCHS program. Mullins was named interim head coach and in my opinion will be interviewed and be named head coach and deserves the opportunity.

Good luck to Coach Copley. I agree with Coach Mullins and hope he does get the opportunity. I have heard they will go through the process and see who does apply but it would be nice if Coach Mullins does gets it.

I think Coach Mullins would be an excellent selection as head coach. The program needs some continuity, not any major changes at this time. I wish Coach Copley all the best down the road. He made a great contribution to the program. Many of the things that he accomplished, over the past two years, were behind the scenes but will have a long lasting benefit to Greenup County.

Most of the issues are of a personal nature and not to be aired out on a forum but I can tell you this he was not forced out, it was a family decision. Coach copley has several opportunities a little west from greenup county.

Coach copley didn't make his decision until very recently to resign from his coaching position one of the main reasons he did was to give the program a chance to put someone in place so the kids would know what direction the program was going.

I wish Coach Copley the best and I know Coach mullins will do the best he can with what he has to work with both from the community and the administration. The boosters are very supportive and Coach mullins will have a lot of support from that aspect of the program.

GCHS and the football program have been good to and for my son and that's what its all about, the kids...