Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2010/2011

Featured Replies

What does Boone County need to do to improve in 2010/2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Missing link for the team this year is the point guard. If they can find someone to fill Sandliln's shoes from last year, they will be making another trip to the Sweet 16! No one is going to be able to stop/control Moss. Too much of a dominate player on both ends of the floor. I could actually see Moss at point then then hustle to the 3/4 spot. Whats everyone think!!!

I think a one dimensional team has a hard time winning anything but Boone has a great coach and she always develops great players to surround the "go to" player. I look for Boone to do very well. Look for them to improve every game and be ready come tournament time. 9th is going to be fun to watch this season.

My first thought is that “to improve” is one really tough chore. 28-4 and a second round one-point loss in the Sweet Sixteen is a tough act to follow. To “be successful” the Lady Rebels will obviously have to replace the two senior starters they lost in Jocelyn Davis and Heather Sandlin.

 

Sandlin is a key loss, IMO, as she was excellent at handling the basketball and distributing it, played really good defense, and developed a real knack in knowing where and when to get the ball to the Lady Rebels main scorer Sydney Moss. Davis was a multi-year starter and was a solid performer in nearly all phases of the game.

 

Most people see Ryle as the favorite in Region 8 with nearly their entire team returning and that certainly is justified (although the Cat’s Pause sees it differently). But I don’t think BC is going to give up the region without one heck of a fight.

 

And I think the Lady Rebels may surprise with the replacements they insert into their lineup. I look for 6-0 junior Lydia Nash to provide a solid inside scoring threat and rebounding force that can take some of that load off of Moss. Nash averaged 4.1 PPG and 2.6 RPG last season in limited playing time and has looked stronger and better through this past summer.

 

Sophomore point guard Jessica Jones may hold the key to Boone County’s ultimate success. JJ improved dramatically this summer while playing AAU ball for the Cincinnati Heat. She still has to continue to improve but I think that improvement will come as the season unfolds. She is an absolute shutdown defender and is cat-quick. Obviously, taking care of the basketball and distributing it properly is where she needs to be focused. And based on what I saw this summer I think she will just continue to improve there as she plays more.

 

Boone County does return three starters in Moss and guards Annie Browning and Stacie Shrout. Moss averaged 22.6 PPG and 10.8 RPG last season, was named NKY Player of the Year by the Cincinnati Enquirer, made All-State, and has simply continued to improve through this summer. She played out on the floor a lot this summer, handled the ball well, and shot the three more than ever before. I see her playing away from the basket more than last year with Nash playing down there, but I’m betting Nell will also use her down low, particularly when a basket is crucial! Browning and Shrout are definite 3-point threats and Moss, Browning, and Shrout were 3 of Boone County’s top 5 scorers last season. Nash was number 6.

 

The Lady Rebels just might also get unexpected help from senior Jackie Marschall. Marschall played a lot as a sophomore but suffered a severe knee injury and spent last season as a vocal leader while playing very little. At an early open gym she was seen participating without the huge knee brace and looking very much like a contributor.

 

I expect Boone County to be very, very good again this season. I don’t think they will give up the Region 8 title they won the last two years without a fight, but with the tough, tough challenge presented by the Ryle team returning all of their top players, one would be hard-pressed to actually predict that.

 

Bopne County has toughened their schedule a bit with two trips into Ohio to face a loaded Cincinnati Princeton squad and the defending DIII Ohio State runners-up Middletown Madison with returning national Top 50 Senior Ally Malott, as well as trips to the Republic Bank Classic in Lexington, which traditionally features some of the top teams in the state, and the Louisville Invitational which also is loaded with top Kentucky squads.

 

It will be nearly impossible for Boone County to repeat a 28-4 record against the type of schedule they are playing, but I would not be at all surprised to see them actually better than last season by tournament time.

Well put Frank other than they are in Region 9. You clearly have the insight to disect this team. I look forward to their action this season.

Yep. Thanks for the catch! Hard to proof read what you write at times.

Boone's success really comes down , just like the boys at Boone, to PG play. If they get good play they will contend with Ryle.

Moss draws so much attention that it takes a lot of pressure off the guards. I like Boone's guards a lot. Jones is an in your face defender that will drive opposing guards crazy. She needs to work on her perimeter shooting, stop over-passing, and stay out of foul trouble.

 

BBG: Moss can definitely handle the ball and she will bring it down the floor occasionally, but the opposing team would love nothing more than to keep her away from the basket.

Moss draws so much attention that it takes a lot of pressure off the guards. I like Boone's guards a lot. Jones is an in your face defender that will drive opposing guards crazy. She needs to work on her perimeter shooting, stop over-passing, and stay out of foul trouble.

 

BBG: Moss can definitely handle the ball and she will bring it down the floor occasionally, but the opposing team would love nothing more than to keep her away from the basket.

 

When it comes to this topic: if you say it I believe it.

They are defending champs and they are Boone. Always fing ways to bring in the players to filll the spots they need. Sydney is as good as they get. I just hope that Ryle can compete this year:)

They are defending champs and they are Boone. Always fing ways to bring in the players to filll the spots they need. Sydney is as good as they get. I just hope that Ryle can compete this year:)

 

Nice Jab on the first comment (in bold) and also stop patronizing...it's beneath you ;)

 

Ryle is without a doubt the most talented and experienced from top to bottom, but they (including coaches) find it gets really tough to swallow when they see the baby-blue...even if Ryle pulls out a season win (2nd in history) let's see if they (including coaches) can get over the hump on the big stage when it matters.

 

I wish only the best for your niece...just not the program :)

No one can stop Moss. It doesn't matter what you do, she is just a beast. I look for Boone to struggle early but finish strong with another regional championship over Ryle. Ryle is the only team I feel that can contend. But Ryle coach can't beat Nell no matter what. Nell is the best coach I've scene.

I hope it comes down to Boone/Ryle for the 9th Region Title. To be considered a great team you have to beat a great team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.