Whitley County Colonels at Harlan County Black Bears Round 2 on 11-12-2010.

Whitley County at Harlan County Who Wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whitley County at Harlan County Who Wins?

I know Whitley was impressive last week but I still think Harlan Co. wins the region. I say HC 28-14
If they beat whitley they more than likely will get Pulaski who spanked them by 40 in there first meeting. I know Harlan has improved since then, but so has Pulaski. Do you think they have improved 40 points?

If they beat whitley they more than likely will get Pulaski who spanked them by 40 in there first meeting. I know Harlan has improved since then, but so has Pulaski. Do you think they have improved 40 points?

yes I do. Remember SW spanked them early last yr and they came back and got revenge. HC was trying to spread the field early on,trying to find themselves offensively which was disaster for them. Now you have to beg them to air one out.

yes I do. Remember SW spanked them early last yr and they came back and got revenge. HC was trying to spread the field early on,trying to find themselves offensively which was disaster for them. Now you have to beg them to air one out.
I understand Your reasoning, but keep in mind Pulaski county is no southwestern ! Pulaski is a proven playoff winner andSW is a proven playoff flop.

I understand Your reasoning, but keep in mind Pulaski county is no southwestern ! Pulaski is a proven playoff winner andSW is a proven playoff flop.

i wouldn't say a proven playoff winner. Since 1995 pulaski county has 2 more wins than Southwestern in the playoffs and neither school can brag about their playoff record. Southwestern has never went 7 + playoff games without a win like Pulaski has.

Pulaski County 9-12

Southwestern 7-13

2010: PC 1-0 SW 0-1

2009: PC 3-1 SW 0-1

2008: PC 1-1 SW 0-1

2007: PC 1-1 SW DNQ

2006: PC 0-1 SW 2-1

2005: PC DNQ SW 1-1

2004: PC 0-1 SW 0-1

2003: PC 2-1 SW 1-1

2002: PC 1-1 SW 0-1

2001: PC 0-1 SW 0-1

2000: PC 0-0 SW 1-1

1999: PC 0-0 SW 0-1

1998: PC 0-1 SW 1-1

1997: PC 0-1 SW 1-1

1996: PC 0-1 SW DNQ

1995: PC 0-1 SW DNQ

will be a good game in Harlan County, both teams are big and physical.

This was a closer game than the score indicated the first time they played. I think that it may come down to turnovers and special teams, turn,over hurt Whitley in their first meeting, and they appear to have fixed some of that problem but they also rely heavily on the running game with very little abliity to move the ball through the air. Harlan is really tough on the run and can move the ball through the air and on the ground, but Whitley is REALLY good on the ground. Special teams played a big part of the last game and could again.