All District Teams

dominator_58

Hey Mountain, I've heard the same thing about vote trading . Heard it from a coach so I know in some cases it DOES happen. When I was a manager in Little League it was common for one coach to call another and "trade" votes for their players. I would never do it and was shunned by other coaches for a few yrs. Its not fair to deserving kids .I always said that was why our LL teams never went more than 4 games deep in all-star playoffs.

Hey Mountain, I've heard the same thing about vote trading . Heard it from a coach so I know in some cases it DOES happen. When I was a manager in Little League it was common for one coach to call another and "trade" votes for their players. I would never do it and was shunned by other coaches for a few yrs. Its not fair to deserving kids .I always said that was why our LL teams never went more than 4 games deep in all-star playoffs.

I have heard that this is very common. Many coaches didn't feel comfortable with it as they wanted to vote for the kids who they saw from the other teams that impressed them the most, in particular in the game when they played against them. However, I guess that they know which players they believe deserve the votes and feel like for those kids to get those votes they need to vote for the other district players who those coaches believe should get the votes. If this is the case, then the coaches should be allowed to go ahead and say 'since I get X number of kids on the all district team, I will go ahead and choose who gets it from my team along with the input of my staff'. I don't necessarily like it, but that is what I hear pretty much is the deal anyway. I think it defeats the purpose of even having a vote, except for maybe the POY and COY.