Lexington Christian Academy 41 Fairview 21

Bluto

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview was limited to only 140 total yds. I love that our defense is playing so tough.

I was very impressed with the LCA players' ability to get off blocks, pursue to the ball, and gang tackle. It was a dominating performance. If not for two seperate and warranted penalties on Fairview's scoring drives the team from Westwood might have had even fewer yards and points. If LCA continues to improve on this defensive performance they will make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

It also seemed that there was lots of jawing and finger pointing by the Fairview team when LCA took control. I was there about 30 mins before kickoff and Fairview wore their home uniforms and chanted all the way from LCA's gym to the field. A coach would yell "Whose House?" and the whole team would respond "Our house!!!!"

What a scene that must have been.

My problem with it is that they do it every time they play us at our home. We always show them its our house but they keep at it.

Fake swagger and enthusiam can blow up in your face when the other team isn't phased by the antics and hits you hard and often. The wind can leave the sails quickly. I think it just made LCA angry and it showed on the field.

I can address all the above comments with imo one observation.

Fairview has a very good football team this year, I certainly am not disputing that fact. The fairview/mossy bottom crew certainly "handed ours back to us" a couple of weeks ago and the better team on that night won the game. I believe it was around 7/8 years ago was the last time they had an excellent team and they had a good 2/3 year run.

Fairview has had so few winning seasons/district championship seasons that imo they don't really know how to handle sucsess or "win with class" so to speak. That' my take on it anyway. I feel if Raceeland or LCA would ever pull a stunt like that, their kids butt's would be dragging from running sprints/suicides orwhatever punishent the coach came up with all week afterwards that they wouldn't be able to walk. I am also positive that a coach of either school would allow this much less join in.