Casey County 40 Garrard County 23

KYHOOP

I think they will beat Powell again. After that, it depends on who the potential second round opponent is. If Wayne were to beat Breathitt, (which is possible but not likely), Casey can go three rounds and then a re-match with Somerset. If they play Breathitt in round 2, I think the Rebels' lack of post season experience will give Breathitt the upper hand.

I think they will beat Powell again. After that, it depends on who the potential second round opponent is. If Wayne were to beat Breathitt, (which is possible but not likely), Casey can go three rounds and then a re-match with Somerset. If they play Breathitt in round 2, I think the Rebels' lack of post season experience will give Breathitt the upper hand.

I think Casey will likely beat Powell in the first round. I can't see them winning at Breathitt County in the second round.

I would like any team in District 5's chances if they didn't have to go to Breathitt. However, at Breathitt I think you guys are dead on.

I would like any team in District 5's chances if they didn't have to go to Breathitt. However, at Breathitt I think you guys are dead on.

Being able to win at Breathitt County and actually winning at Breathitt County are two different things. I don't mean that in a negative way, either. It's just a long trip to play a traditional power who rarely loses big-time playoff games. You have to have a really good squad to go up there and get the job done. Garrard gave them a good run two years ago and then took a better team (in my opinion) there last year and got handled. And that was against a weaker Breathitt team. It's just tough to win there.

I do believe Somerset will win at Breathitt if they happen to meet up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly close.

Being able to win at Breathitt County and actually winning at Breathitt County are two different things. I don't mean that in a negative way, either. It's just a long trip to play a traditional power who rarely loses big-time playoff games. You have to have a really good squad to go up there and get the job done. Garrard gave them a good run two years ago and then took a better team (in my opinion) there last year and got handled. And that was against a weaker Breathitt team. It's just tough to win there.

I do believe Somerset will win at Breathitt if they happen to meet up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly close.

Breathitt cannot stay on the field with Somerset this year. The Jumpers are by far the most explosive team I have seen since I went to the state championship a few years ago. You usually don't see that level of play in AAA.