Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co. Moss featured on front page of Yahoo 10/20/10

Featured Replies

Nice publicity for Boone Co. and Ms. Moss! Congrats!

She is one terrific basketball player. Congrats to her!!!.

Moss is a very talented player. She is a player that is fun to watch. Congrats to her because she deserves the publicity.

I have watched her play over the years, both in HS and coming up through the AAU circuit, and she is the type of player that sometimes you just say "wow!!"

WOW!!

Some players aren't as good as they're hyped up to be. Moss is the real deal. She is a very athletic wide body with the best hands I have seen in a high school kid. Hammond from Rockcastle has good hands but not as good as Moss.

Some players aren't as good as they're hyped up to be. Moss is the real deal. She is a very athletic wide body with the best hands I have seen in a high school kid. Hammond from Rockcastle has good hands but not as good as Moss.

 

I totally agree with you. I watched Moss in the 2009-10 season and she blew me away. Very talented player.

Sydney attended XU's Muskie Madness.

Sydney attended XU's Muskie Madness.

 

Actually she didn't. Had kinda a short notice because her original plan to go to WVU's Mountaineer Madness on Friday night got cancelled. WVU preferred she visit a practice later. Their women practiced earlier in the day of Mountaineer Madness and not a lot was planned for them at the Madness. And then her brother's football game (and celebration after a big win!) ran late on Saturday and she didn't make it up to Xavier. She will likely take an unofficial there at some point to go with ones already made to West Virginia and Florida. Louisville is playing an exhibition game on Saturday in the new arena down there and she has tentative plans to go to that. All four of the above schools have offered along with Dayton and Kansas........that I know of.

Actually she didn't. Had kinda a short notice because her original plan to go to WVU's Mountaineer Madness on Friday night got cancelled. WVU preferred she visit a practice later. Their women practiced earlier in the day of Mountaineer Madness and not a lot was planned for them at the Madness. And then her brother's football game (and celebration after a big win!) ran late on Saturday and she didn't make it up to Xavier. She will likely take an unofficial there at some point to go with ones already made to West Virginia and Florida. Louisville is playing an exhibition game on Saturday in the new arena down there and she has tentative plans to go to that. All four of the above schools have offered along with Dayton and Kansas........that I know of.

 

Thanks for the update. I heard she was on the invite list.

 

What position are the schools that are offering talking about her playing? Can she play the wing at a high D1 level? Where does she fit?

She will be a 3 (possibly 4 depending where she chooses) at the next level. I'm one of her biggest fans and I've been preaching to her that she needs to fall in love with playing on the defensive end of the floor also. She has always been the most athletic player on the floor at the AAU/HS level, but that won't always be the case at the next level because she'll be playing with kids 3-4yrs older. If she doesn't commit to defense with 2 more years under her current coach...she never will ;)

 

WVF...PM me with your email address (I lost it) and I will shoot you some info.

Thanks for the update. I heard she was on the invite list.

 

What position are the schools that are offering talking about her playing? Can she play the wing at a high D1 level? Where does she fit?

 

 

Not sure where the various teams recruiting her see her playing but WVU plays four out, one in and she would play one of the four out spots if she went there. In that set up she could use her natural skills to get shots and even post up occasionally depending on the size of her defender.

 

I think she can play on the wing. She played out on the floor mostly this AAU season, handled the ball well, and shot the three well also. One of her best games came against a DFW T-Jack team (Brittany Griner's old team) that was loaded with the most talented bunch of quick guards I've ever seen on the HS level. She had 29 points and 11 rebounds in that game and took the ball down the floor against their pressure which wasn't easy to do. She also had a 28-point, 13 rebound second half in a game at Chicago, bringing her team from a 22 point second half deficit to within three before time ran out.

 

As Crunch-time says, she needs to get better on the defensive end. I've seen her play good defense, even out on the perimeter, but she needs to be more consistent. Against the T-Jack team one of their guards, ranked in the Top 5 2012 recruits, faked Syd out (which she was doing to anybody guarding her!) and blew by for a layup.........except Syd recovered nicely and blocked the shot from behind! That shows what her ability allows her to do if she is motivated on defense.

Not sure where the various teams recruiting her see her playing but WVU plays four out, one in and she would play one of the four out spots if she went there. In that set up she could use her natural skills to get shots and even post up occasionally depending on the size of her defender.

 

I think she can play on the wing. She played out on the floor mostly this AAU season, handled the ball well, and shot the three well also. One of her best games came against a DFW T-Jack team (Brittany Griner's old team) that was loaded with the most talented bunch of quick guards I've ever seen on the HS level. She had 29 points and 11 rebounds in that game and took the ball down the floor against their pressure which wasn't easy to do. She also had a 28-point, 13 rebound second half in a game at Chicago, bringing her team from a 22 point second half deficit to within three before time ran out.

 

As Crunch-time says, she needs to get better on the defensive end. I've seen her play good defense, even out on the perimeter, but she needs to be more consistent. Against the T-Jack team one of their guards, ranked in the Top 5 2012 recruits, faked Syd out (which she was doing to anybody guarding her!) and blew by for a layup.........except Syd recovered nicely and blocked the shot from behind! That shows what her ability allows her to do if she is motivated on defense.

 

No doubt she can...once she is as committed on the "D" end as she is on the "O" end...shewww!

She will be a 3 (possibly 4 depending where she chooses) at the next level. I'm one of her biggest fans and I've been preaching to her that she needs to fall in love with playing on the defensive end of the floor also. She has always been the most athletic player on the floor at the AAU/HS level, but that won't always be the case at the next level because she'll be playing with kids 3-4yrs older. If she doesn't commit to defense with 2 more years under her current coach...she never will ;)

 

WVF...PM me with your email address (I lost it) and I will shoot you some info.

 

Sent you a PM with my email addresses. You get it?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.