Eastern KY v. Southeastern KY?

Nothingbutnet

Does anyone think that the teams from Southeastern KY are better than the teams from Eastern KY?

(1) Rockcastle beats Ashland at Ashland

(2) Bell County blows out Madison Southern, which beat Johnson Central last week

(3) Somerset blows out Pikeville

But in defense, you have Ashland beating Clay Co. and Paintsville beating Evarts last week and Lynn Camp this week.

But at this point, it seems that the teams from the SE are better than the teams from the E.

What do you think??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that the teams from Southeastern KY are better than the teams from Eastern KY?

(2) Bell County blows out Madison Southern, which beat Johnson Central last week

But in defense, you have Ashland beating Clay Co. and Paintsville beating Evarts last week and Lynn Camp this week.

But at this point, it seems that the teams from the SE are better than the teams from the E.

What do you think??

Where does Belfry and Sheldon Clark fall in this picture?

What do you think??

Well, you have to throw Belfry, Shelson Clark and Russell in there for our side too. Class AAA was a big disappointment though.

If the time frame you are looking at is limited to this week, the answer would have to be an unequivocal "yes".

If you extend the time frame to a larger window, the answer could be "no". It all depends on how big a sample size you are taking.

Frances

Now I dont usually disagree with you but on this one I will. Year in and out they have the teams in there. 3 out of the last 4 or 5 years Rock and Bell have put us out. Dont really know before that though.

Now I dont usually disagree with you but on this one I will. Year in and out they have the teams in there. 3 out of the last 4 or 5 years Rock and Bell have put us out. Dont really know before that though.

That is what seems to happen! It used to be NKY and now it is SEKY.

I agree with you in that time frame also.

If you look at 10 year, 20 year, 30 year, and all-time, I think you would see a different picture.

I was only making the point that when someone asks which area is better at any given sport, you have to define the time frame as part of the question. :thumb:

Frances

I agree with you in that time frame also.

If you look at 10 year, 20 year, 30 year, and all-time, I think you would see a different picture.

I was only making the point that when someone asks which area is better at any given sport, you have to define the time frame as part of the question. :thumb:

Frances

Makes since.....

Teams remaining in the playoffs:

1A Paintsville (East)

1A Somerset (Southeast)

2A Russell (East)

2A Belfry (East)

2A Sheldon Clark (East)

3A Rockcastle (Southeast)

3A Bell County (Southeast)

4A None (East has no 4A teams, all Southeast 4A teams have been elminated)

What am I missing?

What do you think??

And Pikeville thrashing Harlan last week and Belfry thrashing Cawood last week and Middlesboro this week. No edge for SE Ky.