Eastern KY v. Southeastern KY?

Nothingbutnet

Southeast Kentucky OWNS Eastern Kentucky! The HUGE difference between the 2 is, is that when S.E. Ky makes it to the state..THEY WIN IT..alah Breathitt, Belfry, Pikeville, and such!

:laugh: :laugh: You listed two schools that are East Kentucky and actually Breathitt is more eastern than Belfry and Pikeville. This is actually a funny thread, a few years ago if a team east of I-75 and south of I-64 got close to the carpet it was a victory for the Mountain teams and the 'Mountain teams' are dividing themselves.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southeast Kentucky OWNS Eastern Kentucky! The HUGE difference between the 2 is, is that when S.E. Ky makes it to the state..THEY WIN IT..alah Breathitt, Belfry, Pikeville, and such!

Well I'm not sure that theory applies to 3A. Who was the last Southeast Ky and last Eastern Ky team to win a state championship and when was it?

Well I'm not sure that theory applies to 3A. Who was the last Southeast Ky and last Eastern Ky team to win a state championship and when was it?

If Im not mistaken the last team from either South or North Eastern Kentucky to win a State title in 3A was THE ASHALND TOMCATS in 1990.

Back in 1924, them Van Lear Bankmules was 3A, 'cause coal was good and that begat many a 'youngun. Enough in fact that Van Lear bolstered a fine steed of leather-headed gridiron fine young men. Back in them days, women played line, and they needed little paddin'. Quarterback was a competetive pooooosition. Van Lear pummeled the Wayland Wasps, then rode Bankmule stayle up Ashland, and inaugurated Putnam stadium in fine fashion. Wynona's great grandmother played center, and Ashland had a chance to to win the Van Lear 7 year line, and 1 second on the timepiece. The kick sunk up into Granny's buttcheek, and Van Lear was on their way to lex-n-ton. While thar', they turned them mules loose, and Keeneland was born. At ole Stoll field, the matter was settled. Bankmules 6, Cave City 0.

Hey, check it out on the KHSAA website.

Back in 1924, them Van Lear Bankmules was 3A, 'cause coal was good and that begat many a 'youngun. Enough in fact that Van Lear bolstered a fine steed of leather-headed gridiron fine young men. Back in them days, women played line, and they needed little paddin'. Quarterback was a competetive pooooosition. Van Lear pummeled the Wayland Wasps, then rode Bankmule stayle up Ashland, and inaugurated Putnam stadium in fine fashion. Wynona's great grandmother played center, and Ashland had a chance to to win the Van Lear 7 year line, and 1 second on the timepiece. The kick sunk up into Granny's buttcheek, and Van Lear was on their way to lex-n-ton. While thar', they turned them mules loose, and Keeneland was born. At ole Stoll field, the matter was settled. Bankmules 6, Cave City 0.

Hey, check it out on the KHSAA website.

A fine recounting. Graphic, yet full of detail. I especially liked the kick "sunk up Granny's buttcheek". :thumb:

You really painted a picture with this one, BrewDog.

Frances

A fine recounting. Graphic, yet full of detail. I especially liked the kick "sunk up Granny's buttcheek". :thumb:

You really painted a picture with this one, BrewDog.

Frances

Well, Oh Wise One We Have So Missed, my pappy told me about it. He was the quarterback, and often recounted the "good ol' days." When men were men and women were centers!

All of this would depend on which class you are talking about and how deep you want to rank them. The Top 2 or 3 teams in AAA are in Southeastern KY. IN AA the East and NE are way ahead of the SE. Single A seems to be pretty even with the edge going to the SE because of Somerset.

:laugh: :laugh: You listed two schools that are East Kentucky and actually Breathitt is more eastern than Belfry and Pikeville. This is actually a funny thread, a few years ago if a team east of I-75 and south of I-64 got close to the carpet it was a victory for the Mountain teams and the 'Mountain teams' are dividing themselves.

Allright, I'm just wondering since Pike County in general and Belfry are where they are. Wouldn't you have to go into Virginia to be anymore Eastern Kentucky? I'm thinking that Breathitt is not nearly as eastern as those two unless you think the city if too big or something, I know that Breathitt isn't that far east.

Allright, I'm just wondering since Pike County in general and Belfry are where they are. Wouldn't you have to go into Virginia to be anymore Eastern Kentucky? I'm thinking that Breathitt is not nearly as eastern as those two unless you think the city if too big or something, I know that Breathitt isn't that far east.

Actually, Virginia is South. West Virginia is east of Belfry, a stone's throw.

I think you need mapquest LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: