Powell County / McCreary Central Predictions

cellking

Who wins this one?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Powell Co
    • McCreary Central

With the exception of Wayne County (which always plays MCCreary tough) they lost to teams that are a combined 15-2. Who is the weak link amongst Pineville, Knox and Edmonson. Look at their records as Cellking has pointed out. Even Powell is 4-1.

Well guys I'm not saying these are horrible teams, but none are teams that if you win people are very impressed with. Knox is a district game so that has to be played. To gain respect and really build a team that can compete in the playoffs I feel like you have to play teams that are either equal to you or maybe even better. That being said I also know wins in general build confidence and help moral. No offense in my comments folks. Just stating an opinion.

Edited by BIG_BALLIN
grammar

BIG-BALLIN, Who is your Team and who have they played? Pineville in 1A Top 10, Knox in 4A top 10, and Edmonson in 3A Top 10. Looks like a real tough schedule to Staff and Fans of McCreary Central. If you go back a few years and look at the people McCreary Central played and the record they had playing those people, you would see why we think it is a Tough Schedule. Well on to Powell Co. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!

BIG-BALLIN, Who is your Team and who have they played? Pineville in 1A Top 10, Knox in 4A top 10, and Edmonson in 3A Top 10. Looks like a real tough schedule to Staff and Fans of McCreary Central. If you go back a few years and look at the people McCreary Central played and the record they had playing those people, you would see why we think it is a Tough Schedule. Well on to Powell Co. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!

Guys I pull for Madison Southern. I know "my team" has not gotten wins, but they have played West Jessamine, Montgomery Co, East Jessamine, Lincoln, and Powell Co. I think those teams are a little bit tougher. We still have to play in the same district as you Cellking, so we still have Bell Co. Rockcastle, Knox, you guys, and Estill. I'm pulling for the Raiders this Friday. Unless we are playing each other, I always pull for our district, and you are right this 4A district is the toughest top to bottom. So, even though we have had a rough few years, we are still playing some of the better teams around. Good luck Friday McCreary.

Well guys I'm not saying these are horrible teams, but none are teams that if you win people are very impressed with. Knox is a district game so that has to be played. To gain respect and really build a team that can compete in the playoffs I feel like you have to play teams that are either equal to you or maybe even better. That being said I also know wins in general build confidence and help moral. No offense in my comments folks. Just stating an opinion.

Big-Ballin as cellking has pointed out three of the four games McCreary lost were all to ranked teams in their classes. Edmonson is No. 2. I understand McCreary played them hard for almost three quarters. It does not matter if they are district or non tough teams are tough teams. I started paying attention to McCreary in 2006 and I can tell you they have not have not had an easy schedule in the five years I have paid attention to them.

I have not paid as close attention to them this year but I think they can do well with the rest of their season. Good Luck!

Big-Ballin as cellking has pointed out three of the four games McCreary lost were all to ranked teams in their classes. Edmonson is No. 2. I understand McCreary played them hard for almost three quarters. It does not matter if they are district or non tough teams are tough teams. I started paying attention to McCreary in 2006 and I can tell you they have not have not had an easy schedule in the five years I have paid attention to them.

I have not paid as close attention to them this year but I think they can do well with the rest of their season. Good Luck!

I have to disagree a little there TRENCHMASTER, 4 years ago they were playing a non-district schedule with mostly lower end 1A and 2A teams but that was because they were trying to rebuild the program. Like I said earlier the Raiders were just crawling at that time and now they have learned to walk the next thing to do is start running which means working toward an even tougher schedule and you do that by getting bigger, faster and stronger in the off-season. I see great things ahead for the Raiders and the first thing I see is a big win Friday night over Powell Co. Go Get'em Guys!

Some of these guys on here think if your off-season schedule doesn't have Boyle, Highlands, Male, Trinity and Saint X on it then it's not a tough schedule. This is the toughest schedule that McCreary has ever had and that is the way you build a program. No one said it was the toughest schedule in the state but Mccreary plays in the toughest 4-A district and has their toughest out of district schedule ever and I am sure it will continue to be tough and even tougher in the future and eventually meet up with everyone elses standards. McCreary started of crawling and now they are walking in another couple or so years they will be running (ie: an even tougher schedule) and with some really hard work and dedicated kids maybe even get into the full sprint mode. Whoa nelly, I don't mean to put the cart before the horse, LoL! Let's just focus on beating Powell Co. for now and let the nay sayers have their say as everything else will come in due time! Go Get'em Guys!

Excellent post. Keep working hard and keep improving week to week, year to year. Good luck to both teams.