What is the Measuring Stick for Football?

Ram

I've read in other threads that to be a "Football School" you have to win State Championships. I can't see that, if so we would have only a few quality programs in the state and only two in 6A.

How do we measure the quality of a program? It is State Championships? Is it consistent District Championships? Is it the number of fans the school generates? Percentage of wins?

What makes a Football School?

Always competitive, administrative support, and a title or two. With six classes there is no excuse not to get yours and if you don't it is hard to measure up.

I was say it would be hard for little mountain schools like Pineville, Jenkins, Harlan, Lynn Camp and others to compete with schools like Beechwood and LCA. The number of players those schools have is much lower (sometimes twice as much) then those schools. Then there is the money issue those schools face.

I was say it would be hard for little mountain schools like Pineville, Jenkins, Harlan, Lynn Camp and others to compete with schools like Beechwood and LCA. The number of players those schools have is much lower (sometimes twice as much) then those schools. Then there is the money issue those schools face.

Money I can see being an issue but not numbers. There are 6 classes in football.

Money I can see being an issue but not numbers. There are 6 classes in football.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Sure those schools are all class A, but many class A schools have twice the amount of players avaliable for football. A school with 200 males is not going to have the numbers that a school with 300 has.