Bengals Release Bryant...

The Bengals are hopeless. They will have more parol officers on the sidelines that coaches. Wait until Owen's true colors come out.

So you essentially want people who are angels who never did a thing wrong in their lives, keep their mouths shut, praise Christ after every play and is a living PSA.

So you essentially want people who are angels who never did a thing wrong in their lives, keep their mouths shut, praise Christ after every play and is a living PSA.

Oh come on. Tank Johnson, Pac Man, Owens, Johnson. These people are clowns. Big red shoe, red wig, red nose wearing clowns. But yes I would rather have what you described than convicted felons. Espcially ones that suck at what they do, like Bryant.

I see what you mean, but has it gotten Mike Brown anywhere to sign so many risky players? Would the results have been any worse over the last two decades if he had been making a habit of hiring choir boys?

I see what you mean, but has it gotten Mike Brown anywhere to sign so many risky players? Would the results have been any worse over the last two decades if he had been making a habit of hiring choir boys?

Oh come on. Tank Johnson, Pac Man, Owens, Johnson. These people are clowns. Big red shoe, red wig, red nose wearing clowns. But yes I would rather have what you described than convicted felons. Espcially ones that suck at what they do, like Bryant.

How much trouble have they caused since they have been there? I understand that these guys give the Bengals a "bad name" but let's face it, the Bengals name doesn't mean much without them there so in my mind there is no harm in bringing these guys in.

To be fair regarding Bryant it isn't so much the fact that he wasn't any good, he just wasn't healthy and Mike Brown was an idiot for signing him to begin with.

As to Owens and Chad...I actually thought they would be a good pair from the beginning. They are friends off the field to begin with and even though conventional wisdom says it is a disaster in the making, there is something about the two of them that I think will work.

As long as Mike Brown is running this team there is no chance that they will become what the "old school" people want them to be. It WILL NOT HAPPEN. Considering the gambles on guys like this have paid off recently and helped to get the Bengals into the playoffs it means nothing will change. Griping about the players not being the kind of automaton that folks like KD would like them to be is going to change nothing. Like it or not the only thing that will change how the organization is run is when Mike Brown leaves this mortal coil. Even then from what I have seen, if his daughter takes over, things won't change either.

Believe me I would rather not have them breaking the law, but guys like Chad are rather harmless.

How much trouble have they caused since they have been there? I understand that these guys give the Bengals a "bad name" but let's face it, the Bengals name doesn't mean much without them there so in my mind there is no harm in bringing these guys in.

To be fair regarding Bryant it isn't so much the fact that he wasn't any good, he just wasn't healthy and Mike Brown was an idiot for signing him to begin with.

As to Owens and Chad...I actually thought they would be a good pair from the beginning. They are friends off the field to begin with and even though conventional wisdom says it is a disaster in the making, there is something about the two of them that I think will work.

As long as Mike Brown is running this team there is no chance that they will become what the "old school" people want them to be. It WILL NOT HAPPEN. Considering the gambles on guys like this have paid off recently and helped to get the Bengals into the playoffs it means nothing will change. Griping about the players not being the kind of automaton that folks like KD would like them to be is going to change nothing. Like it or not the only thing that will change how the organization is run is when Mike Brown leaves this mortal coil. Even then from what I have seen, if his daughter takes over, things won't change either.

Believe me I would rather not have them breaking the law, but guys like Chad are rather harmless.

But they don't win and have won consistently since Brown took over. Character guys matter, to build around Pac Man and Tank is just an epic mistake. Add personalities like Owens to the mix and ............well you know. Plus, this isn't an all pro Owens we are talking about.

As for Bryant he had a good year two years ago but 6 of his 8 years in the league have been disappointing. Pay his $7mm guaranteed?

What's up with the Bengals' medical staff? The guy was reported to have chronic knee issues, and now they just give him $8 million guaranteed to practice half a day? Same staff that said Braham had a bruise, when it was actually a break that ended his career. Knowing the market, they could have saved 8 million, since they signed TO.