Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunn claimed off waivers by

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be willing to bet it was one of the teams in the AL East...this way you keep him off of a competitor's roster.

  • Author
I would be willing to bet it was one of the teams in the AL East...this way you keep him off of a competitor's roster.

 

 

I would be shocked if he made it thru the NL without being claimed.

Yeah, that's what the trade rumor site said. It would be someone in the National League, so unless it was merely done to keep a rival from getting him, what contender has an opening at 1B?

 

We can rule out Phillies, Cardinals, Padres and Reds.

Contenders in NL

 

 

NL East

 

Braves- Doubtful but maybe they want him to play left. Who knows.

Phillies- No

 

NL Central

 

Reds- No

Cardinals- No

 

NL West

 

Padres- No

Giants- Most probable of NL teams

Rockies- no

Dodgers- No.

I know the rumors are NL teams might snatch him, I just don't buy that. He is owed $4 million for the rest of the season, I believe. I just don't think a team would claim him in the NL, because of the money and available spot.

 

We may never know, but I could see the Rays claiming him to keep him out of Boston or New York.

 

JMO.

If he did get claimed by an AL team, it wasn't the White Sox. They are considering signing Carlos Delgado. :lol:

I know the rumors are NL teams might snatch him, I just don't buy that. He is owed $4 million for the rest of the season, I believe. I just don't think a team would claim him in the NL, because of the money and available spot.

 

We may never know, but I could see the Rays claiming him to keep him out of Boston or New York.

 

JMO.

 

Doesn't make sense considering the Rays have a better record than the Red Sox.

 

Rays would be be the 2nd last team in the AL to be able to have a chance at getting him.

I know the rumors are NL teams might snatch him, I just don't buy that. He is owed $4 million for the rest of the season, I believe. I just don't think a team would claim him in the NL, because of the money and available spot.

 

We may never know, but I could see the Rays claiming him to keep him out of Boston or New York.

 

JMO.

 

You realize an NL team can claim him simply to block the AL teams from having a chance right? They don't have to have any intention of actually obtaining him.

You realize an NL team can claim him simply to block the AL teams from having a chance right? They don't have to have any intention of actually obtaining him.

 

That doesn't make any sense to me, but you have your theory and I have mine. :D

Doesn't make sense considering the Rays have a better record than the Red Sox.

 

Rays would be be the 2nd last team in the AL to be able to have a chance at getting him.

 

Youkalis is out for the year; Red Sox have prospects and will spend the money if he clears. They could have made a deal with the Nats.

 

IMO, it makes more sense for the Rays to block a trade than any other team in baseball considering how many games they still have left with the Yanks and Sox and since the Yanks showed some interest prior to the deadline and Youk just decided to get the surgery and he is officially out for the year. Plus, AL teams can DH Dunn, so he offers more versatility to an AL team (especially one that can eat the salary).

 

Again, JMO.

Youkalis is out for the year; Red Sox have prospects and will spend the money if he clears. They could have made a deal with the Nats.

 

IMO, it makes more sense for the Rays to block a trade than any other team in baseball considering how many games they still have left with the Yanks and Sox and since the Yanks showed some interest prior to the deadline and Youk just decided to get the surgery and he is officially out for the year. Plus, AL teams can DH Dunn, so he offers more versatility to an AL team (especially one that can eat the salary).

 

Again, JMO.

 

How would he make it to the Rays? The Red Sox get first dibs...:confused:

Youkalis is out for the year; Red Sox have prospects and will spend the money if he clears. They could have made a deal with the Nats.

 

IMO, it makes more sense for the Rays to block a trade than any other team in baseball considering how many games they still have left with the Yanks and Sox and since the Yanks showed some interest prior to the deadline and Youk just decided to get the surgery and he is officially out for the year. Plus, AL teams can DH Dunn, so he offers more versatility to an AL team (especially one that can eat the salary).

 

Again, JMO.

 

Dude you don't get it. Every team in baseball would have to pass on Dunn except for the Yankees for the Rays to get the waiver claim. There is absolutely no chance the Rays got the claim.

Dude you don't get it. Every team in baseball would have to pass on Dunn except for the Yankees for the Rays to get the waiver claim. There is absolutely no chance the Rays got the claim.

 

I understand how waivers work. :D

 

Every team passed on him at the deadline, why couldn't 20 plus again?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.