New KHSAA commissioner addresses playoffs, keeps football's six-class system

rockmom

I enjoyed the trip to Bowling Green even if it made for a long drive home after a loss. Regarding basketball, even with a new arena in Louisville, I think Lexington should keep the basketball tournament. As it has been pointed out many times, this state is more Blue than Red and having the opportunity to play in Rupp is a lifetime opportunity for the majority of kids growing up in the Commonwealth. This coming from a Big UL fan.:D

Raceland has to travel two hours for two district games. Paintsville is not in our district, but is close then either of the two hour away schools.

LCA and Paris have to travel two hours for three district games when Franfort and Berea are much closer.

The travel doesn't' bother me, but how they set up the district does leave me wondering what they were thinking.

I have always thought District 6 and 8 should switch places. In 1A.

Does no one (other than leatherneck) find the biggest news to be what's being done to deal with issues such as transfers, parental understanding of transfers and eligibility, etc? To me, the new website and the KHSAA's willingness to put forth information in a manner we commonfolk can understand is HUGE. HUGE I say!

I am with you. Some recent high profile cases indicate the need for parents to be more aware of the rules. Very few read the actual KHSAA documents and even if you did you would lost in the pseudo-legal language in many cases.

I like the direct to the point kind of non sense attitude in his statements, sounds like he might just get some things done. Might want to work on the Philly Lawyer comment though. Thats not a very PC comment coming from the most PC organization that has ever landed on this planet. JMO.

Does no one (other than leatherneck) find the biggest news to be what's being done to deal with issues such as transfers, parental understanding of transfers and eligibility, etc? To me, the new website and the KHSAA's willingness to put forth information in a manner we commonfolk can understand is HUGE. HUGE I say!

I think it's pretty important. But, it would not be needed if Kentucky would fix the transfer rule. As it is right now it is to interpretive. Three players transfer in the same situation and the KHSAA rules three different ways. Or, one player transfers and everyone thinks he will be eligible and he ruled ineligible. Then one player transfers and everyone knows it's a situation that should warrant lose of eligibility, and he is ruled eligible. There is no predicting what will happen.

They need to just make it clear cut, either you can not transfer for any reason, you can transfer as many times as you want, or like some other states you get one free transfer. How hard would that be?

Boss Hog, you gave me a migraine trying to read your post but I do agree that making the tranfer rule set in stone rather than left to interpretation on each case would make this an easier issue. I like the one free transfer rule. Make the second transfer virtually impossible, that way you must really consider what you are doing before you move.