Owen County 2010/2011

The Lady Rebs are definitely going to make some noise in 2010-2011! Both their inside and outside play are pretty solid, as they have the size and the ability to score and rebound. Only depth and possible injuries will be causes for concern. They will contend for the 8th region tourney and the All-A Classic, but they are not the only A-school to be in the hunt. Walton-Verona will play a major role in both events, as well. This season may indeed be the year for the small schools to roar in the 8th!

Owen will be solid this year. They will have a very solid back court with Gayheart and Neeley. If their inside game improves from last year, which I think it will, they should win 20 games challenge for both the All "A" and district titles. As stated in a previous post - they are not very deep and staying healthy will be very important for them.

Owen will be solid this year. They will have a very solid back court with Gayheart and Neeley. If their inside game improves from last year, which I think it will, they should win 20 games challenge for both the All "A" and district titles. As stated in a previous post - they are not very deep and staying healthy will be very important for them.
I agree Time and Score I think Gayheart and Neeley are the best backcourt in the 8th. If their inside players can step it up a notch they will be very good. Gayheart IMO will be the best player in the 8th this year.

I think they are in a tough District. Am I right in saying that Gallatin and Carrol are also in their district? If so, both of those teams are very talented and seem well coached.

You are correct along with Henry County. This district is always tough. Gallatin County will be hosting the 8th Region Tournament this year, so extra incentive for them. Owen County will be one of a couple major players in the 8th Region this year.

This will be a fundamentally sound team again this year, and it is well-coached. Gayheart is a tremendous athlete who improved her all-around game last year, and is maturing. Her best is yet to come! I think the secret to how far Owen goes comes down to one simple question that went unanswered last season: Who will be a consistent enough scorer to force defenses to play Gayheart honest? If Owen develops an inside game to take some of that pressure off, this team has the potential to make a lot of noise... Good luck to the Lady Rebels...

This will be a fundamentally sound team again this year, and it is well-coached. Gayheart is a tremendous athlete who improved her all-around game last year, and is maturing. Her best is yet to come! I think the secret to how far Owen goes comes down to one simple question that went unanswered last season: Who will be a consistent enough scorer to force defenses to play Gayheart honest? If Owen develops an inside game to take some of that pressure off, this team has the potential to make a lot of noise... Good luck to the Lady Rebels...
Great analysis!!!!

IMO will be the best player in the 8th this year.

She was very impressive last year and played on a good AAU team this summer. I expect her game to be even stronger this year. IMO she was the best player last year, she just didn't get the votes, which surprises me because she is very very talented.

Down 2 with 5 seconds left, given the choice of any player in the 8th - give me Gayheart to take the shot. Hope she continues to push hard to keep getting better. As good as she is now, she's one of a handful of underclassmen in the region who could be downright frightening by the time they are seniors.

• 4 weeks later...
Down 2 with 5 seconds left, given the choice of any player in the 8th - give me Gayheart to take the shot. Hope she continues to push hard to keep getting better. As good as she is now, she's one of a handful of underclassmen in the region who could be downright frightening by the time they are seniors.
I'll take that choice as well. Great kid!! Great player!!