Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former Cat Melvin Turpin has committed suicide

Featured Replies

I saw him at Meijers in Lexington a few years back. He was using a walker to help him get around. I wonder if chronic pain had something to do with his suicide. I'm sad to hear this. Melvin seemed like a nice person. WLEX ran a story last night about how Melvin helped a woman who had a brain tumor. He would literally pick her up and carry her when she needed to be moved. In fact, when the ambulance came to her house to take her to a Hospice facility, Melvin came and insisted on carrying her to the ambulance. The woman's daughter looked at her mom and said, "You love this(being carried) don't you? "Wouldn't you," the woman said with a smile. She died two weeks later. The family descibed Melvin as a gentle giant.

 

The Big Dipper seemed like a very sweet man.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prayers go out to the Turpin family. I can't believe Cardinal fans, especially Rockmom, aren't on here offering up their condolences. If this were about a former UK player getting into trouble of some sort we would certainly have at least 8 pages of post. Truly sad.

I actually waited on him at the bank around 9 a.m. on the day this happened. He seemed overly happy and did not seem like anything was wrong. I was completely shocked when I heard about this.

I can't believe Cardinal fans, especially Rockmom, aren't on here offering up their condolences. If this were about a former UK player getting into trouble of some sort we would certainly have at least 8 pages of post. Truly sad.
That's a very cheap thing for you to say, and only serves to degrade this thread honoring a good man. THAT is truly sad!

 

God bless Melvin's family.

That's a very cheap thing for you to say, and only serves to degrade this thread honoring a good man. THAT is truly sad!

 

God bless Melvin's family.

 

 

 

It's not a cheap thing at all. Rockmom called out UK fans in a thread earlier in the year about UK fans not wishing Billy G well with trying to turn his life around, so I'm calling her out here. She is one of the worst UK fan bashers on here, but I expected a mod to come to her rescue.

Horrible news... My prayers are with his family.

Dwight Shurute, true statement but wrong place to say it.

My prayers go out to the Turpin family. I can't believe Cardinal fans, especially Rockmom, aren't on here offering up their condolences. If this were about a former UK player getting into trouble of some sort we would certainly have at least 8 pages of post. Truly sad.

 

As a huge UK fan, I'm embarassed you even posted something like this. Completely inapporpriate and tasteless.

It's not a cheap thing at all. Rockmom called out UK fans in a thread earlier in the year about UK fans not wishing Billy G well with trying to turn his life around, so I'm calling her out here. She is one of the worst UK fan bashers on here, but I expected a mod to come to her rescue.
It's not about rescue; it's about accuracy. But this isn't the appropriate place to deal with that.
It's not a cheap thing at all. Rockmom called out UK fans in a thread earlier in the year about UK fans not wishing Billy G well with trying to turn his life around, so I'm calling her out here. She is one of the worst UK fan bashers on here, but I expected a mod to come to her rescue.

 

 

I apologize for not being one of the first 20 to post my condolences. Alas, I was remiss and let life get in the way of expressing my condolences in a timely manner.

 

It's truly a tragedy when someone feels that ending their own life is the only course of action, for whatever reason.

Not knowing Mr. Turpin, I have little to offer in the way of personal knowledge. But from a purely objective viewpoint, I offer my condolences to all who loved him, as suicide is one of the worst forms of death the loved one's family and friends can have to deal with. May God give them the strength to understand that sometimes, there is no understanding.

As a huge UK fan, I'm embarassed you even posted something like this. Completely inapporpriate and tasteless.

 

 

As a UK fan I'm embarrassed that you're embarrased.

I apologize for not being one of the first 20 to post my condolences. Alas, I was remiss and let life get in the way of expressing my condolences in a timely manner.

 

.

 

 

Yet you had no problem calling out UK fans in an ealier thread for not posting in a timely manner. I guess they have no life to get in way of their timely posting.

Yet you had no problem calling out UK fans in an ealier thread for not posting in a timely manner. I guess they have no life to get in way of their timely posting.

 

I've said my piece, and mean every word I mentioned regarding Mr. Turpin and my thoughts for his family and friends. I trust you can move on and stop using this thread to call me out personally, and call out Cardinal fans in general. I'm happy to receive any scathing remarks you may have via PM. But this is degrading to Mr. Turpin's memory.

It's not about rescue; it's about accuracy. But this isn't the appropriate place to deal with that.

 

 

 

It's all about rescue because my post was totally accurate. You can research it yourself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.