Congrats to NewCath Pitcher Danielle Hausfeld

I didn't think NCC schedule was tough but after looking at its very week.( to me looks like Highlands is there best win) Not sure it was a good idea with the schedule!!! I agree with you statman St . Henry's not much better.

Although she did get a lot of K's against weaker competition, if you look at these "strong" teams you talk about she still had 9 against Brossart 6 against Conner and 5 against Ryle. What were the K numbers for the pitchers you think are better against these teams? Strikeouts are important, every strikeout takes away the possibility of a bad hop grounder or an error.

In answer to your questions...Bishop Brossart junior lefthander Alicia Miller established herself as the top pitcher in Northern Kentucky this year finishing with a 25-9 record nd a .081 ERA. Miller started 37 games and had 30 complete games allowing only 135 hits in 209 innings while facing 800 batters. She only alloed 24 earned runs and 14 walks while striking out 224 batters. She recorded 10 shutouts and oposing batters only hit.174 against her. She also batted .436 as a hitter. :ylsuper: She had her best strikeout performances against Scott (28 in 3 games), Newport CC (12), Boone Co. (13), and 10 each against Estill Co., Middlesboro and Newport. She also had 13 in five innings with Silver Grove. Strikeouts reduce greatly against better competition of course. 224 would rise to 350 in a hurry with weak competition. You pitch to get people out not to try and add to personal numbers.