Congrats to NewCath Pitcher Danielle Hausfeld

Congrats to NewCath junior pitcher Danielle Hausfeld for reaching the 300 strikeout plateau. 45 K's in 3 district tourney games 15, 17 (1st 9 in a row), & 13). This young lady IMO is by far the best pitcher in NKY, on a young (only 1 senior) & inexperienced NewCath team. Inexperienced in the fact that all but Hausfeld have only been playing fastpitch for 3 or 4 years. Hausfeld is 22-9, 322 K's in 207 innings, & a 1.01 era so far this season. Good luck in the regional.

No doubt a good pitcher, but I would have to say the 7th graders pitching for Ryle and Conner are also very good. Salzer for St. Henry is tough and Miller for Brossart is very good. Probably why these teams are all so highly ranked.

RiverDog and History I concur, but.....

RiverDog, You could be correct, but I don't think NewCath as that many "cupcakes" on it's schedule. History, I've seen all four of the girls you mentioned pitch and I'd be happy to have any one of them on my team anyday of the week. However, when it comes to the rankings, those teams should be at the top. The girls on Conner and Ryle have known nothing but fastpitch (and a majority of them play on travel teams in the summer) and the same can probably be said about Brossart. I can't speak with any degree of certainty about St. Henry. But I do know that the northern Campbell county schools, Bellevue, Dayton, Highlands, NewCath, & Newport have only been playing fastpitch for less than 5 years and most of the girls on these teams have played less than that. While all these teams have one or two quality players, until that area or the schools establish leagues or start feeder programs these teams will be, and for sometime to come, continue to be on the outsite looking in. My hats off to the coaches of all these teams for the hard work and dedication they put into developing these young ladies.

Didnt mean to be a slam at NCC they have to do whats best for their team but they are 12-0 vs Bellevue, Dayton, Villa madonna, mason Co., Dixie, Campbell Co., Newport, Notre Dame and Ludlow which have a combined record of 123-201. In those games they have outscored them 104-21. They have lost to Boone Co., Assumption, Conner, Ryle, Bethel Tate, Mad Southern, St. Henry, Brossart and Holmes by a combined margin of 16-46. So in direct matchups with the top pitchers in Northern Ky. like Simms (Conner), Miller (Brossart), Salzer (St. henry), Smith (Ryle) NCC has lost them all. I agree hats off for great seasons of all but the facts dont lie.

Didn't take as a slam. However, if NewCath didn't have Danielle Hausfeld they would be lucky to win maybe 10 games. Hausfeld is the reason they stayed close in all thier losses. You take away the four pitchers mentioned above and their teams don't skip a beat.

Thats not true I think youd see a big drop after all Conner and Ryle dipped down to the 7th Grade for their starting pitchers and Brossart's pitcher was perhpas the best. All three beat Hausfeld, again dont take anything away from her she is a great kid and pitcher, but its just the way it is.

I agree with both of you, you are comparing apples to oranges, Hausfield did not play the competition that the others did but she also doesn't have the defense behind her. Tough to make those comparisons when the competition level is so different.

Thanks to Dan Hausfeld for getting me these numbers. Danielle Hausfeld's 2010 innings pitched & strikeout totals.

Date Opponent IP Ks

Games

1 Tuesday, March 23 Villa Madonna 7 11 won

2 Wednesday, March 24 Dayton 5 7 won

3 Saturday, March 27 Campbell County 5 9 won

4 Saturday, March 27 Cooper 6 13 won

5 Saturday, March 27 Assumption 5 7 lost

6 Tuesday, March 30 Newport 5 7 won

7 Wednesday, March 31 Conner 6 6 lost

8 Monday, April 5 Ryle 7 5 lost

9 Wednesday, April 7 Campbell County 7 11 won

10 Friday, April 9 Boone County 7 10 lost

11 Saturday, April 10 Bethel Tate 8 8 lost

12 Monday, April 12 Scott 7 13 won

13 Tuesday, April 13 Notre Dame 5 10 won

14 Thursday, April 15 Highlands 7 10 won

15 Monday, April 19 Ludlow 5 9 won

16 Thursday, April 22 Dayton 7 12 won

17 Friday, April 23 Breathitt County 7 15 won

18 Saturday, April 24 Madison Southern 6.2/3 8 lost

19 Saturday, April 24 Bath County 7 7 won

20 Tuesday, April 27 Ludlow 7 12 won

21 Wednesday, April 28 Holy Cross 8 12 won

22 Thursday, April 29 St. Henry 6 8 lost

23 Monday, May 3 Holy Cross 7 10 won

24 Thursday, May 6 Bellevue - -

25 Friday, May 7 Dixie 8 9 won

26 Monday, May 10 Holmes 9 16 lost

27 Friday, May 14 Mason County 7 12 won

28 Thursday, May 20 Villa Madonna 7 11 won

29 Saturday, May 22 Brossart 7.2/3 9 lost

30 Tuesday, May 25 Dayton 7 15 won

31 Wednesday, May 26 Bellevue 7 17 won

32 Thursday, May 27 Highlands 7 13 won

207.1/3 322

Just emphasizes the weak schedule even more. Strikeouts mean nothing anyway especially though if the other team has a losing record like most of those do. Even peaches could strike out Maybelle. Still number 5-7 pitcher in 9th and 10th Region and thats an honor but not tops

Honestly, I have no dog in this fight but if you're gonna talk about a weak schedule, look at St. Henry's schedule. They only have seven wins against teams with winning records...Ryle, Scott, NCC, Bellevue, Villa Madonna and Ludlow (twice)...that's not good. Not saying that NCC has a great schedule, but the wins they've had over schools with winning records are Scott, Ludlow (twice), Breathitt County, Bath County, Cov. Holy Cross (twice), Bellevue (twice) and Villa Madonna.

NCC would have ten wins...but with both teams, take out the wins against Villa, Bellevue, and Ludlow and it closes the gap. Now I'm not saying NCC has played a stronger schedule overall, but if you're gonna scrutinize one pitcher for having a high total of strikeouts against what you think is a bad schedule, then scrutinize the girl from St. henry because that schedule runs along the same lines as NCC's.

I agree all Im saying is Brossart, Ryle and maybe Conner play much tougher schedule and their pitchers all won more than Hausfeld. The Brossart pitcher, no offense to our Lady Royal staff, is tops in both 9th and 10th Region with Clark Co.'s pitcher second and Ryle and Conner girls tied for third. St. Henry and NCC need to beef up the ole schedule. Thanks to I asusme her dad for pointing out how weak their schedule really is. Clark, Montgomery, Ryle Brossart, and Conner play schedules in a total higher level.