Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 13 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

Conner spanks Ryle in 6 innings.

Not surprised Connor won but the blowout is a head scratcher......

Great effort by the Cougars. Conner hit well tonight.

I guess if there's a silver lining for Ryle, it's that we didn't lose in heart-breaking fashion in the bottom of the 7th. :lol: Ryle got beat like a red-headed stepchild from the first pitch.

 

Congrats to Conner. They absolutely crushed the ball tonight - 3 HR's and numerous hard-hit balls. And West pitched outstanding - had a no-hitter through 5 innings and ultimately only gave up two hits (one a 3-run HR by Hoskins). Some solid defense in the field also.

 

For me, the game-changer was the 3-run bomb by Pugh in the 1st. Not sure I pitch to him in that situation. Had a base open and would have allowed for easier DP opportunity, plus take the bat out of the hands of their best hitter. I'd rather see someone else beat me. Once you go down by more than a couple runs in a game like this, it's very hard to come back. Kids start playing scared and tight, as they know every play and every at-bat brings them closer to the end of the season.

 

Oh well, life goes on (I guess :cry:). Good luck to Boone and Ryle representing the 33rd at region. Personally, I think I like Conner's chances a little better IF they have West to throw in a Conner-Dixie matchup. For any other opponent, they should be able to hit their way to a win.

I was thinking the game could go either way but was expecting a 1-run type game. Congrats to Conner. They are one of the 5 teams capable of winning the region. Good luck to them and Boone at Champion!

I guess if there's a silver lining for Ryle, it's that we didn't lose in heart-breaking fashion in the bottom of the 7th. :lol: Ryle got beat like a red-headed stepchild from the first pitch.

 

Congrats to Conner. They absolutely crushed the ball tonight - 3 HR's and numerous hard-hit balls. And West pitched outstanding - had a no-hitter through 5 innings and ultimately only gave up two hits (one a 3-run HR by Hoskins). Some solid defense in the field also.

 

For me, the game-changer was the 3-run bomb by Pugh in the 1st. Not sure I pitch to him in that situation. Had a base open and would have allowed for easier DP opportunity, plus take the bat out of the hands of their best hitter. I'd rather see someone else beat me. Once you go down by more than a couple runs in a game like this, it's very hard to come back. Kids start playing scared and tight, as they know every play and every at-bat brings them closer to the end of the season.

Oh well, life goes on (I guess :cry:). Good luck to Boone and Ryle representing the 33rd at region. Personally, I think I like Conner's chances a little better IF they have West to throw in a Conner-Dixie matchup. For any other opponent, they should be able to hit their way to a win.

If West pitches for Conner and Smallwood pitches for Dixie Heights if they happen to match up some how then it will be a very low scoring game.

I guess if there's a silver lining for Ryle, it's that we didn't lose in heart-breaking fashion in the bottom of the 7th. :lol: Ryle got beat like a red-headed stepchild from the first pitch.

 

Congrats to Conner. They absolutely crushed the ball tonight - 3 HR's and numerous hard-hit balls. And West pitched outstanding - had a no-hitter through 5 innings and ultimately only gave up two hits (one a 3-run HR by Hoskins). Some solid defense in the field also.

 

For me, the game-changer was the 3-run bomb by Pugh in the 1st. Not sure I pitch to him in that situation. Had a base open and would have allowed for easier DP opportunity, plus take the bat out of the hands of their best hitter. I'd rather see someone else beat me. Once you go down by more than a couple runs in a game like this, it's very hard to come back. Kids start playing scared and tight, as they know every play and every at-bat brings them closer to the end of the season.

 

Oh well, life goes on (I guess :cry:). Good luck to Boone and Ryle representing the 33rd at region. Personally, I think I like Conner's chances a little better IF they have West to throw in a Conner-Dixie matchup. For any other opponent, they should be able to hit their way to a win.

 

Boone and Conner! :D Conner hit the cover off the ball and a great pitching performance doesn't hurt either. Congrats to the Cougars and good luck in the championship and at region.

Boone and Conner! :D Conner hit the cover off the ball and a great pitching performance doesn't hurt either. Congrats to the Cougars and good luck in the championship and at region.

 

Ouch. My bad. Freudian slip, I guess. Yes, good luck to Boone and Conner.

So the eight teams playing in the regional tournament will be Bellvue, Boone, Conner, Cov Cath, Dixie, Holy Cross, Newport, and St. Henry? Correct?

So the eight teams playing in the regional tournament will be Bellvue, Boone, Conner, Cov Cath, Dixie, Holy Cross, Newport, and St. Henry? Correct?

 

Correct.

Congrats to Brad, his team, and his staff on a complete beat-down of the Raiders. I've never seen Ryle beaten like that. Nothing seemed to go Ryle's way. When given the chance to make a play, Ryle's defense was solid, it was the long-ball that killed them. Hoskins had a solid game. Should be an interesting Regional.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.