St. Henry 6 Conner 5

IBALL

Liechty started for the Cougars and went 5 strong innings allowing only 3 runs. Zerhusen started for the Cru going I believe 5 as well. Russell came in for Conner in the 6th holding the score at 5-3. Delph came in the 7th and got himself into a bases loaded jam and gave up a game winning single on a 3-2 count with the runners moving. Good win for St. Henry.

Two of Liechty's runs were unearned, he deserved better defense than that! From where I was sitting both ground balls in that particular inning should have been charged, it looked very lazy! Bases loaded for Conner and 1 out, ended up with no runs,and of course the old 31 pick off move was executed to a tee:idunno:, just the way it worked in D league! Come on Conner its time to play smart baseball, districts are coming up and you guys need to step it up!!! Congratulations to St. Henry nice win! :puke:

Nice win for St. Henry. Very good game to watch.

McMahon's big day lifts St. Henry

High school roundup

May 7, 2010

Junior Tommy McMahon's bases-loaded single cleared the bases to give St. Henry a 6-5 walk-off baseball victory over Conner Thursday.

McMahon also earned the win.

Two of Liechty's runs were unearned, he deserved better defense than that! From where I was sitting both ground balls in that particular inning should have been charged, it looked very lazy! Bases loaded for Conner and 1 out, ended up with no runs,and of course the old 31 pick off move was executed to a tee:idunno:, just the way it worked in D league! Come on Conner its time to play smart baseball, districts are coming up and you guys need to step it up!!! Congratulations to St. Henry nice win! :puke:

Conner makes some pretty surprising baserunning mistakes - not just this year, but the past several years. Countless times, I've seen runners thrown out at 3B for the first or last out of an inning, numerous pickoffs, very "odd" times to try to steal bases (like when you're down 12-1), and on and on. I guess it's a testament to their overall team ability that they are frequently able to overcome such mistakes, but it is very unusual to see a team make these same types of mistakes year after year.

I always love your brutal honesty about the team you are rooting for. I wish more BGPers would be as honest about their club as you are.

Nice post and good luck the rest of the way Cougars.

I always love your brutal honesty about the team you are rooting for. I wish more BGPers would be as honest about their club as you are.

Nice post and good luck the rest of the way Cougars.

Thanks History, I was very mad when I wrote this post and kind of regreted being so hard on the boys! The base running mistakes are incredible and I lost my cool. I almost am to a point that I CAN'T STAND to watch them play! They did the same against Madison Central and actually was the biggest reason that they were unable to pull this game out against a very good team! At the end of the day you have to wonder who's fault it is? You can't expect to hit a 3 run bomb everytime you need some runs!:confused: