Wide Open 9th

Of the last 5 years that I have followed NKY sports, I never remember so many teams being capable of winning the region in baseball. IMHO, any of these teams could win region:

Beechwood

Boone

Conner

CovCath

Dixie

Holy Cross

NewCath

Ryle

And two of these teams don't make it to region. Good luck to all teams. Interesting year with no clear-cut favorite IMHO when you look at all scores and who has beat who.

Is there a website to follow the playoffs? When do they begin? Where will they be played? Would love to see a schedule. Anyone??

The Ninth Region games will be played at Champion Window Field as they have done for I believe the third or fourth year in a row.

Just look for the match-ups here on BGP's and you will get more information than you will ever get from the papers.

First game of the Ninth Region Baseball Tournament will be held on Monday Memorial Day May 31th.

But remember we have some great seeding games coming up all over the Region except in the 36th where it is the luck of the draw to see whom plays whom. Then the Distinct games which should see some great games prior to the Region Games even starting start around the 24th or so of May!

There are several District semi-final games that I would love to see but most will probably be on the same day.

TOG, has the 35th seedings been decided yet? There will be a very good team not making it out of the 35th along with one in the 33rd as well.

There are several District semi-final games that I would love to see but most will probably be on the same day.

TOG, has the 35th seedings been decided yet? There will be a very good team not making it out of the 35th along with one in the 33rd as well.

No, but today Bwood goes up against HC. This game is huge as the two favorites of the 35th go head to head!

You know I warned some friends on Conner's team about your Cooper boys, this should be a great game also.

Good luck to everybody!

No, but today Bwood goes up against HC. This game is huge as the two favorites of the 35th go head to head!

You know I warned some friends on Conner's team about your Cooper boys, this should be a great game also.

Good luck to everybody!

I think all the boys know each other and Conner shouldn't fear Cooper. Cooper is just a second year school trying to get by. They beat us by 30 last year so hopefully we can cut it down to 20 this year.:thumb:

I think all the boys know each other and Conner shouldn't fear Cooper. Cooper is just a second year school trying to get by. They beat us by 30 last year so hopefully we can cut it down to 20 this year.:thumb:

Enough sandbagging. :D You played Boone to a 4-2 loss and Thompson is more than capable of shutting down good teams.

Of the last 5 years that I have followed NKY sports, I never remember so many teams being capable of winning the region in baseball. IMHO, any of these teams could win region:

Beechwood

Boone

Conner

CovCath

Dixie

Holy Cross

NewCath

Ryle

And two of these teams don't make it to region. Good luck to all teams. Interesting year with no clear-cut favorite IMHO when you look at all scores and who has beat who.

Agree with the teams you have listed. I do think pitching depth makes a difference at Region time-and would put as questionable Conner-if Samad is not back at full strength, HC if Roenker can't go alot of innings, NCC IMHO could use one more stud pitcher, and I know I will get flack for this one-Beechwood could use another arm, but based on last year, they might have an eighth grader that could shut down an offensive juggernaut. :D

As usual I do think the matchups when the region is set will be key. A couple of those district games-35th and 33rd will be brutal and crucial as they always are.