Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County Job.......

Featured Replies

Does anyone have any idea who is interested in the Garrard County job? I've been told that they contacted former Boyle coach Ronnie Bottoms, and he declined the job.

  • Author

Does anyone have a clue as to who Garrard Co is looking at to fill this position? I've heard former Boyle Co coach Ronnie Bottom's name thrown around.

I'ver heard South Laurel assistant Brad Sizemore has interviewed a couple of times.

I heard Jim Bob Hicks (Bath Co Coach) was interested in the job.

I heard Jim Bob Hicks (Bath Co Coach) was interested in the job.

 

:sssh: The Garrard County principal is originally from Bath County.

Does anyone have a clue as to who Garrard Co is looking at to fill this position? I've heard former Boyle Co coach Ronnie Bottom's name thrown around.

 

Ronnie's wife is a principal at one of the elementary schools in Garrard County. I don't know, but could there be a conflict of interest that might keep him from taking the job?

I'ver heard South Laurel assistant Brad Sizemore has interviewed a couple of times.

 

I believe the former Garrard County staff (currently the girls staff) had a nice working relationship with the guys from South Laurel. That could be why Sizemore is interested.

Bottom line, the Garrard County job has potential but it's a tough job right now. The team wasn't very good last season and they lost their top two scorers from that team. There is some young talent in the sophomore and freshmen classes, along with a couple 8th graders that can contribute. But it's hard to expect much from them this season. Whoever takes the job will have some lumps early, but if they stick with it there is some long-term potential.

Tough district does not help them either. Lincoln has a great middle school group coming at all 3 levels from what I am hearing, Danville will be a threat to win the region this year, and Boyle has made some huge steps at being a region contender again. Whoever takes this job will have struggle for a while but will be able to put thier program ideas into place. They will have to be patient, and understand that Rome was not built in a day. They got a new superintendent and he is very supportive of teams and coaches!

South Laurel's, Brad Sizemore is a great hire for Garrard County. Their fortunate to get a young up coming coach of this caliber. A friend of our family from South Laurel, told me Sizemore eats and sleeps basketball. Said Sizemore; has a unbelievable work ethic and works hard with younger players. He said; He would establish a Youth AAU program ASAP and work hard with young players to develop them.

 

Congradulation to Sizemore and Garrard County.

Congradulation to Sizemore and Garrard County.

 

Is this confirmed? I haven't heard this of yet.

South Laurel's, Brad Sizemore is a great hire for Garrard County. Their fortunate to get a young up coming coach of this caliber. A friend of our family from South Laurel, told me Sizemore eats and sleeps basketball. Said Sizemore; has a unbelievable work ethic and works hard with younger players. He said; He would establish a Youth AAU program ASAP and work hard with young players to develop them.

 

Congradulation to Sizemore and Garrard County.

 

If this is true, Garrard picked up a TREMENDOUS young coach. He is a real up and comer, has studied under Steve Wright and Roscoe Denny, so he knows how to win. I know the Garrard County situation is tough right now, but if he is the choice and they will give Brad some time, he will build a program there. His kids will play hard. He is tremendous with the younger kids and their development. I hope this is true as I have been waiting for him to get a HC opportunity.

 

IF this is true, a GREAT HIRE!!! :thumb:

Brad is an excellent choice. One of the best young coaches around. Garrard County got a STEAL!

Good hire! Would Coach Denny be going with him? Might could use a veteran on the bench.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.