Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free parking around Rupp Arena?

Featured Replies

That $10 a shot is killing me. Anyone know of any parking lots,alleys,driveways, etc. that don't charge within walking distance of the Arena? Would be appreciated for this cheap old guy.:thumb:

I saw a house just down the street from Rupp offering parking for 5.00. It is on the same street as Rupp and on the same side of the street as Rupp. Go down a little from Rupp and it is before the road becomes Versailles Road.

I've never paid to park but you do have to walk a bit or be patient. I don't know the street names but when I'm coming from 75 down Broadway (Rupp on my right) I go up past Rupp and turn right as if you're going to check into the hotel. Go past Rupp and then turn left into the neighborhood past the parking lot on your left. If you're not there for the early game its going to be tough to find a spot.

It's a shame it costs more to park than it does to buy a ticket to your team's next game if they win and you make it to the ticket booth within 30 minutes after your team's victory($8.00).

 

We pulled in directly across the street from the Hyatt, not the main parking lot, the little one right on the corner. The guy guided us into the parking spot and everything. We got out of the car, my wife said here's our ten dollars, he said "it's twenty to park here ma'am." :scared: We said thank you, got back in the car and went to the main parking lot for ten dollars like everyone else.:lol:

I almost always park at 326 or just south of there, and fork over the $10. Kinda comes with the territory.

That $10 a shot is killing me. Anyone know of any parking lots,alleys,driveways, etc. that don't charge within walking distance of the Arena? Would be appreciated for this cheap old guy.:thumb:

 

Wanna carpool?

That is true and it is pretty ridiculous.

For evening and Saturday games, I love that elementary school about a block away.

 

Of course me posting my favorite spot on BGP probably ensures it'll be filled the rest of the weekend.

  • Author
Wanna carpool?

 

Only if you pay for the parking when we get there and I don't have to pay for gas(almost $3.00, you know), told you I was a cheap old guy.:thumb:

  • Author
For evening and Saturday games, I love that elementary school about a block away.

 

Of course me posting my favorite spot on BGP probably ensures it'll be filled the rest of the weekend.

 

Directions and names please, your secret is safe on here, just between you and me.:sssh:

Parked there again today, though it was on the street because it's during school hours.

 

Don't have a bunch of time for directions because I'm posting from the game, but a quick glance on my way in tells me it's Harrison Elementary on Bruce Street. Google maps should be able to do the rest.

 

You get out, walk a couple hundred feet and people are charging $12.

  • Author
Parked there again today, though it was on the street because it's during school hours.

 

Don't have a bunch of time for directions because I'm posting from the game, but a quick glance on my way in tells me it's Harrison Elementary on Bruce Street. Google maps should be able to do the rest.

 

You get out, walk a couple hundred feet and people are charging $12.

 

Is it on Broadway before you get to Rupp Arena or past it?

Is it on Broadway before you get to Rupp Arena or past it?

 

Before Rupp if you're coming in from the north. Right off Broadway onto 2nd, left on Bruce.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.