March 10, 201016 yr It's hard to say if Ocho T.O. and Palmer get on the same page they won't be dominant.
March 10, 201016 yr Lets be honest, who exactly was throwing the ball to TO last year? Here is TOs stats from the last 4 years: YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST 2006 DAL 16 85 1180 13.9 56 13 62 0 0 2007 DAL 15 81 1355 16.7 52 15 69 0 0 2008 DAL 16 69 1052 15.2 75 10 38 1 1 2009 BUF 16 55 829 15.1 98 5 33 1 0 Here is Mason's: YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST 2006 BAL 16 68 750 11.0 38 2 45 1 0 2007 BAL 16 103 1087 10.6 79 5 60 1 1 2008 BAL 16 80 1037 13.0 54 5 60 2 1 2009 BAL 16 73 1028 14.1 72 7 55 0 0 I'd still give the edge to TO despite last years numbers where they had a shaky QB at best, at the helm of the offense. If you're going to give TO a pass on last year then you have to take into account that in 2006, 2007 and 2008 Mason had an aging Steve McNair, Kyle Boller and a rookie Joe Flacco throwing to him. Mason's yardage has been much more consistant, he'd be cheaper and he's much less of a distraction. And TO looked much older on the field than Mason. I'm not a Bengals fan so it would probably be more interesting to watch TO and Chad together. I just think it'll end up being a disaster.
March 10, 201016 yr If you're going to give TO a pass on last year then you have to take into account that in 2006, 2007 and 2008 Mason had an aging Steve McNair, Kyle Boller and a rookie Joe Flacco throwing to him. Mason's yardage has been much more consistant, he'd be cheaper and he's much less of a distraction. And TO looked much older on the field than Mason. I'm not a Bengals fan so it would probably be more interesting to watch TO and Chad together. I just think it'll end up being a disaster. Looking at the stats that were posted...the one thing that I would point out is that with the exception of last year, TO put up those numbers by still having some other quality receivers around him (Terry Glenn, Jason Whitten, etc.) Granted, Dallas threw the ball more than Baltimore did. But, Mason's numbers may be slightly skewed because he was their one and only receiving threat. Not picking sides...just sayin'.
March 10, 201016 yr ^ I'd be interested in dropped passes. I thought TO struggled in that category. saw in the paper today comparing Bryant versus TO Last year Bryant had 6 drops and 39 receptions with 134 YAC. TO had 10 drops and 55 receptions with 244 YAC.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.