Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 48 Simon Kenton 45

Featured Replies

Cmon Dixie, you have to have some details.\

 

Highlands 48

Simon Kenton 45

 

 

Highlands 9 17 14 8 48

 

Simon Kenton 14 7 11 13 45

 

Highlands (19-8) -- Abner 3, Allen 7, Conner 10, Towles 20, Schaefer 4, Daley 4.

Simon Kenton (18-7) -- Wainscott 17, Ponzer 18, Pace 3, Brown 7, Blevins 0.

Exciting game to watch ending regular season. Wish the outcome was the other way around but an exciting game. SK Senior Night for BROWN-PONZER-PACE. Great send off by team. :banana:

 

Ponzer and Wainscott with 17 each (?) Brown 7. Ponzer real good night all over. Wainscott really had to work for her production tonight.

 

Big mental mistake by SK player to end game, calling time-out with none left. That mistake, fouls 18 - 6, SK at freethrow line only twice, and several givaways, SK still in position to win and overcame a 14 point short fall while on the receiving end of a 15-2 run by HHS.

 

This has really become a great End-o-Regular Season contest between these two. :thumb:

 

So, I've been told the season truly starts Monday. I hope so, Lady Pioneers play W-TOWN at Walton 6:00. :walk:

\

 

So, I've been told the season truly starts Monday. I hope so, Lady Pioneers play W-TOWN at Walton 6:00. :walk:

 

Give my best to caoch Wilhoit.

[/b]

 

Give my best to caoch Wilhoit.

 

 

Will do PaNDA.

Sounds like a great game between two solid programs. Good luck to both teams nexr week.

Even though a L, this game should give SK some confidence going into the post-season. They have struggled in the contests with the more competitive teams recently and were right there tonight. Even with the T that gave Highlands foul shots and the ball, SK still had a 3 pointer fall just short that would have tied the game. (See shot below.)

 

I didn't understand Highlands' strategy at the end. They ended the game with 5 fouls to give! They should have been way more agressive on the defensive end. They had a 5 point lead with two minutes to go yet they let SK claw back from that deficit. Highlands missed the foul shot with three seconds left and SK goes coast to coast to get off the potential tying shot? Highlands won but I thought they gave SK every needed opportunity at the end to make it close.

 

Nice SK crowd for the seniors despite the boys playing up the pike. Congrats!

 

Ponzer's almost buzzer beater...

4372318890_32f8e155db.jpg

  • Author
Cmon Dixie, you have to have some details.\

 

Highlands 48

Simon Kenton 45

 

 

Highlands 9 17 14 8 48

 

Simon Kenton 14 7 11 13 45

 

Highlands (19-8) -- Abner 3, Allen 7, Conner 10, Towles 20, Schaefer 4, Daley 4.

Simon Kenton (18-7) -- Wainscott 17, Ponzer 18, Pace 3, Brown 7, Blevins 0.

 

 

Highlands went inside quite a bit last night and were pretty successful. SK shot their way back into it and played hard all night. A very nice showing of class when Bekah Towles lost a contact on the floor. The SK players got down on the floor with her to help her try and find it. I can tell you that would not happen at every school. Heck even a SK fan came out of the stands to help. (Would have been a great picture Panda :). I thought that was pretty cool. Highlands has a tough match-up on Wednesday against NC, but certainly have a good shot at upsetting the All A champion.

I agree, SK is a classy bunch. Is your district played at Newport?

  • Author
I agree, SK is a classy bunch. Is your district played at Newport?

 

Yes it is.

Highlands went inside quite a bit last night and were pretty successful. SK shot their way back into it and played hard all night. A very nice showing of class when Bekah Towles lost a contact on the floor. The SK players got down on the floor with her to help her try and find it. I can tell you that would not happen at every school. Heck even a SK fan came out of the stands to help. (Would have been a great picture Panda :). I thought that was pretty cool. Highlands has a tough match-up on Wednesday against NC, but certainly have a good shot at upsetting the All A champion.

 

I got his return "flight" back to the stands.

4372291972_7ae3c9f263.jpg

That was (SK) PACE's dad.

 

Great kids all! Brown-Towles-Wainscott-Allen-Conner and (Tibbs) all played together last summer with Jim Cutter's Team on the Showcase Tour. I am still amazed how these players befriend each other! I have 15 players here from 3 different schools tonight with a sleep over :ohbrother: celebrating Senior Nights !!! All played against and with each other this year.

 

My wife / daughter owe me big for agreeing to this! :scared:

Heard it was a fantasic game until the end. Apparently, I have been told by someone there that Coach Stowers took a time out late in the 4th, did a bee line for one of his girls and double open fist chest shivered a girl because she didnt follow his instructions. Heard the girl starting crying and ultimately she was the same girl that called the timeout late in the game that SK didnt have. I guess she had the last laugh on the coach. BTW, I didnt think you were allowed to touch kids anymore in sports.

Heard it was a fantasic game until the end. Apparently, I have been told by someone there that Coach Stowers took a time out late in the 4th, did a bee line for one of his girls and double open fist chest shivered a girl because she didnt follow his instructions. Heard the girl starting crying and ultimately she was the same girl that called the timeout late in the game that SK didnt have. I guess she had the last laugh on the coach. BTW, I didnt think you were allowed to touch kids anymore in sports.

 

Heard wrong, and BTW, you shouldn't write on hearsay.:puke:

Heard it was a fantasic game until the end. Apparently, I have been told by someone there that Coach Stowers took a time out late in the 4th, did a bee line for one of his girls and double open fist chest shivered a girl because she didnt follow his instructions. Heard the girl starting crying and ultimately she was the same girl that called the timeout late in the game that SK didnt have. I guess she had the last laugh on the coach. BTW, I didnt think you were allowed to touch kids anymore in sports.

 

I sat behind the bench and did not see what you are describing. I did see some chewing outs but nothing like that. Best policy is believe 00% what you hear, and 50% what you see.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.