Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonalds All American List

Featured Replies

7 players not commited and 5 of them have UK at the top of there List.

 

I think UK gets 3 of the 5.

 

What does everybody else think?

 

Also the #25 PF in the country makes the team.:ohbrother:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/mcdonaldsallamericans?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fmcdonaldsallamericans

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/womens/news/story?id=4905828

Edited by amos

UK women's has a player in the All-American game..

  • Author
UK women's has a player in the All-American game..

 

Duke has 4. Wow

Duke has 4. Wow

 

:isurrender:

Also the #25 PF in the country makes the team.:ohbrother:

 

Not sure which is worse. The best player in NYC ranked that low or you making a snap judgment on a player you know nothing about... :ohbrother:

Not sure which is worse. The best player in NYC ranked that low or you making a snap judgment on a player you know nothing about... :ohbrother:

 

What is his ranking on Rivals?

What is his ranking on Rivals?

4 star and #67 overall...

Not sure which is worse. The best player in NYC ranked that low or you making a snap judgment on a player you know nothing about... :ohbrother:

 

I agree.

 

The Burger committee normally does an excellent job at rewarding the players who are in the game. Instead of basing their judgements off basically just the AAU circuit (like most recruiting services do), a lot more emphasis is placed on their high school careers/seasons. They don't just go down the rivals/scout/espnu/etc. lists and say we'll take this guy, that guy, or what not. They base their selections on actual on court performance, numbers, and accolades.

4 star and #67 overall...

 

 

Sounds similar to Plumlee last year. I haven't went back and checked or anything, but give or take a few spots I think this is about the same ranking Mason Plumlee has by Rivals when he was selected for the McD's game.

 

 

 

Just because a kids not top 40 doesn't mean he can't play. Lot of kids get overlooked because they may play football as well, or do other things that prohibit them from playing a lot, if any, summer basketball. This can cause them to go overlooked by the recruiting services. Don't get me wrong, its a great measuring stick when you have the best guys in the country going up against one another on the summer circuit. But, you can't discredit what these guys accomplish during their high school seasons, and this is something that the McD's committee and the Gatorade committee look into thoroughly.

Sounds similar to Plumlee last year. I haven't went back and checked or anything, but give or take a few spots I think this is about the same ranking Mason Plumlee has by Rivals when he was selected for the McD's game.

 

 

 

Just because a kids not top 40 doesn't mean he can't play. Lot of kids get overlooked because they may play football as well, or do other things that prohibit them from playing a lot, if any, summer basketball. This can cause them to go overlooked by the recruiting services. Don't get me wrong, its a great measuring stick when you have the best guys in the country going up against one another on the summer circuit. But, you can't discredit what these guys accomplish during their high school seasons, and this is something that the McD's committee and the Gatorade committee look into thoroughly.

 

I'm pretty sure Mason was top 40. Without looking, I wanna say 35th if not higher. Too lazy to look though :D

I'm pretty sure Mason was top 40. Without looking, I wanna say 35th if not higher. Too lazy to look though :D

55th on Rivals...

55th on Rivals...

 

Not to offend you...:lol:But he was 18th on Scout. Was he higher on rivals until the last ranking?

Not to offend you...:lol:But he was 18th on Scout. Was he higher on rivals until the last ranking?

I'm no longer with Rivals so no offense taken. :D

 

I think it was the 2nd to last rankings that he dropped. He didn't have a very good final AAU tour...

I'm no longer with Rivals so no offense taken. :D

 

I think it was the 2nd to last rankings that he dropped. He didn't have a very good final AAU tour...

 

I see. I knew he was ranked high at one point and seemed to still be on Scout, so that's my out :lol:

 

But I'm super excited about Duke's Burger Boy this year. :banana: :dancingpa

 

Can't wait for him to get on campus.

Irving is insane good, and gives Duke something they have been missing at the PG spot for a long time. The best part is he brings an intensity level that I think they have been also missing for a while. Very, very good get for your Dookies...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.