Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 57 St Henry 41

Featured Replies

Most basketball fans know what kind of player Janszen is. She seems to get better each week. I am looking forward to seeing St. Henry play again. I think they are the type of team that can beat some top flight programs. Good point guard, good post player and they play good D.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saint Henry made a total of 4 points at the line, compared to 16 for Boone. How they kept the game close thru 3 quarters is amazing. :rolleyes:

 

Sounds like SH either needs to stop hacking or work on free throw shooting...or perhaps both.

Moss sat out a bunch, some from foul trouble and some from those "teachable moment(s)" you mentioned! She played but a total of 17 minutes in the game so I'd say that had a lot to do with her totals for the game.

 

It's good they had to play with her on the bench...they need to know they are capable of playing without her...also, a good team must be able to win ugly games.

It's good they had to play with her on the bench...they need to know they are capable of playing without her...also, a good team must be able to win ugly games.

 

 

Agree..........on both counts.

  • Author
Sounds like SH either needs to stop hacking or work on free throw shooting...or perhaps both.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusader fan

Saint Henry made a total of 4 points at the line, compared to 16 for Boone. How they kept the game close thru 3 quarters is amazing. :rolleyes:

 

 

You obviously didn't pay much attention to the hint of sarcasm in my post :rolleyes:

 

Seriously though, St. Henry needs to improve at the line if they hope to compete in the Regional Tournament.

Making freethrows and good defense seem to be the ticket to success.

Janszen is a very good player and I don't really think people are over-looking her. There was a discussion within the past week or so talking about how she is such an incredible athlete...perhaps the "team" is getting over-looked...which is always dangerous.

 

It sounded as if Moss sat a lot...if she picked up a 2nd foul in the 1st half I know she sat until the 3rd qtr...it also sounded as though she didn't play with much desire...which I'm sure got her an earful during a teachable moment.

 

Good luck the rest of the way.

 

"teachable moments"? That's comical. If you have to keep having "teachable moments" about the same problem and things don't change, what is being taught? Most of you have probably coached or are coaching at some level so what would you do if a player doesn't follow your directions? Would you sit them down and leave them or just let it keep happening? If you don't, then the tail is waging the dog. Please don't tell me how tough it is to play at Boone because that only applies to some. Call me anything you want and give me any excuse you want, it still doesn't change the facts.

"teachable moments"? That's comical. If you have to keep having "teachable moments" about the same problem and things don't change, what is being taught? Most of you have probably coached or are coaching at some level so what would you do if a player doesn't follow your directions? Would you sit them down and leave them or just let it keep happening? If you don't, then the tail is waging the dog. Please don't tell me how tough it is to play at Boone because that only applies to some. Call me anything you want and give me any excuse you want, it still doesn't change the facts.

 

 

ZZZZZZZZ's ZZZZZZZZ's

ZZZZZZZZ's ZZZZZZZZ's

 

:lol::clap::notworthy: Much, MUCH better than my reply would have been, had I chosen to let it loose! :sssh: ............For the moment, but no guarantees!

ZZZZZZZZ's ZZZZZZZZ's

 

Good reply ( but remember, when Boone fans are giving us rundowns of every play, it gets a little boring also but I guess to the victor go the spoils). I read the paper and it sounded as if Nell wasn't too happy. I just remember a day when Nell seemed a little tougher on her kids' performances. I've watched Boone games for 20 years or so and I've seen her bench valuable players in the past for long periods of time for not getting their job done. Don't get me wrong, I realize every coach has different ways of handling their personnell. It just didn't sound like the old Nell. Just an observation.

:lol::clap::notworthy: Much, MUCH better than my reply would have been, had I chosen to let it loose! :sssh: ............For the moment, but no guarantees!

 

WV, Looking back at my post, I am truly sorry and want to apologize just to you. You seem very nice and dedicated to your team (plus your statistic keeping in unbelievable). Your passion for your team is unparalled. You have to admire that. Sorry for any hurt feelings.

Good reply ( but remember, when Boone fans are giving us rundowns of every play, it gets a little boring also but I guess to the victor go the spoils). I read the paper and it sounded as if Nell wasn't too happy. I just remember a day when Nell seemed a little tougher on her kids' performances. I've watched Boone games for 20 years or so and I've seen her bench valuable players in the past for long periods of time for not getting their job done. Don't get me wrong, I realize every coach has different ways of handling their personnell. It just didn't sound like the old Nell. Just an observation.

 

 

Being as close to the program as I am it just gets old hearing the same stuff just a different day...and the jabs after jabs after jabs...good golly!

 

I actually had a person tell me on Sunday "I've watched Nell for years and I cannot believe she stooped so low and let Moss on her team'...I couldn't even dignify that comment with a response.

 

Oh well, I guess after all these years old Nell has softened up a bit...nothing wrong with that...the kids are still responding.

  • Author
Being as close to the program as I am it just gets old hearing the same stuff just a different day...and the jabs after jabs after jabs...good golly!

 

I actually had a person tell me on Sunday "I've watched Nell for years and I cannot believe she stooped so low and let Moss on her team'...I couldn't even dignify that comment with a response.

 

Oh well, I guess after all these years old Nell has softened up a bit...nothing wrong with that...the kids are still responding.

 

I can assure you that there are many programs around the state that would love to have Nell on their bench. She runs a great program and seems to get the most out of her players. I have tremendous respect for her as a coach and a person. :thumb:

Being as close to the program as I am it just gets old hearing the same stuff just a different day...and the jabs after jabs after jabs...good golly!

 

I actually had a person tell me on Sunday "I've watched Nell for years and I cannot believe she stooped so low and let Moss on her team'...I couldn't even dignify that comment with a response.

 

Oh well, I guess after all these years old Nell has softened up a bit...nothing wrong with that...the kids are still responding.

 

I would imagine that does get old. But you have to remember, all the over the top positive posts feel like jabs outside the program because let's face it, the unusual circumstances behind the transfer make it feel like an uneven playing field for the other teams. I know for a Boone fan, that's hard to understand. From reading other posts, I think the circumstances with the transfer have made some people lose faith in the system and it makes alot of people tired of hearing about the player and school. As for stooping low, that's not right. That makes it sound like the kid did something illegal for goodness sakes. Come on! Well, I guess I've said enough. The only thing I can say is enjoy the ride while it lasts. Adios.

Being as close to the program as I am it just gets old hearing the same stuff just a different day...and the jabs after jabs after jabs...good golly!

 

I actually had a person tell me on Sunday "I've watched Nell for years and I cannot believe she stooped so low and let Moss on her team'...I couldn't even dignify that comment with a response.

 

Oh well, I guess after all these years old Nell has softened up a bit...nothing wrong with that...the kids are still responding.

 

Watching Boone Co. basketball through the years, i agree that Nell has softened up, but only a little. She has a very good way of making her players work hard all the time, and if they aren't, she will take them out and let them know it. Moss was not working hard, so she got taken out. These girls put in a lot of time and effort. Pretty sure Boone has practices for 2 hours and 30 minutes pretty much everyday. The intensity that Nell brings to the court rubs off on their players, no doubt about that. As long she is getting the girls to work hard and performe to their abilities, she is doing a great job. And she is obviously putting up great coaching numbers like always.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.